The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do you keep your QSL cards?  (Read 16686 times)
WA7KPK

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2012, 01:56:51 PM »

Cards are kept in shoe boxes by callsign.

Cards with really nice graphics (and or rare prefix)
are scanned onto a JPEG file and uploaded to a 5" x 7"
Digital Photo Frame and set to "Slide Show Mode".

Makes a nice conversation piece when showing non hams your shack.

Ken AD6KA

I like this idea! You could do the same with your WAS and DXCC certificates.
WA7KPK

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2012, 02:00:18 PM »

Well, I used to keep them in sleeve's on the wall back in 1978-1980's when I first got licensed.

I did that for a while during about the same time frame until I got too many to put in the sleeves I owned at the time, so I put the cards I used to qualify for WAS into the sleeves in order by state and filled out the sleeves with some of my more interesting DX cards.
K7KBN

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2012, 08:31:22 PM »

Thinking back to when I was first licensed (1959) and before I really knew what "DX" was, I started putting up stateside QSLs around the molding where the walls of my room met the ceiling.  The first few I used thumbtacks but for some reason my folks disapproved - loudly - so I just used tape from then on. Somewhere along the line I decided to just put up one card from each state, and by the time I went into the Navy in 1963, I had exactly fifty cards up and no room for any more.

Pat K7KBN
CWO4 USNR Ret.
KG4NEL

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2012, 09:52:30 PM »

3-ring binders, in acid-free plastic pages.
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2012, 10:13:07 PM »

Something like this.
http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-Embossed-Floral-Leatherette-Photo/dp/B002KRR4JG/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1334725186&sr=8-9

Holds 200 cards you can slip your own card on the front and when it's full you just buy another one.  I don't plan on using more than four, I keep the first one and second with all new countries and swap out duplicates if better looking cards from the same country come in. The third one has my second best set from each country and the fourth is for whats left over. After that the rest will probably end up in a box  Grin

I do it this way so if I decide to send them to LoTW I can just send a whole Album and when interested folks visit and ask to see my cards I just pull out Album #1.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 10:24:37 PM by KD8MJR » Logged

“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.”  (Mark Twain)
KB3HG

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2012, 09:30:11 AM »

Cigar boxes, yep, gotta be cigar boxes. There is an attention getter, when I pull out Cigar boxes. Can be had at tobacco shops, with or without cigars real cheap or free,  I had the plastic sleeves years ago, now I have some real special ones for display, hand painted  QSL s. laid out under a clear sheet of glass on the desk looks real nice also.

Tom Kb3hg
KQ6EA

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2012, 02:31:58 PM »

I keep mine in small photo albums that were made for 5"x7" photos.
Jim
K3AN

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2012, 08:08:06 PM »

Earlier this year I put all the cards in a trash bag, along with all the old paper logs, and left them on the floor of the shack while I took time to decide if I really wanted to toss them. I decided "yes," and now they're gone. I have no regrets.
KE4YD

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2012, 02:27:25 PM »

I keep mine stored away in a cardboard box in the closet.
The only one I display is from the International Space Station  NA1SS
NQ2N

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2012, 03:21:10 PM »

I handle QSL cards in what I think is a unique manner.  I use eQSL whenever it is available and send paper cards (which I make myself with the freeware QSL maker program by WB8RCR) whenever I receive one. When neither is easily available I copy the online QSL card posted by the amateur operator on their QRZ page and sometimes google their call to find a copy of their card. When neither of these is available I copy the image posted by them on their QRZ page and make a card with that picture and their call and QTH, so I then have QSL cards from contacts that don’t even have a QSL card themselves.  Then all these “cards” are scanned into jpegs and are now available for viewing in a slideshow or other viewing format.  For a hard copy I print these jpegs 35 per sheet and have them in a folder. During the past year I have collected over 700 “cards” in this manner from my contacts at no real cost.
AL7KC

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2017, 11:03:05 AM »

I use a Steelmaster 2-drawer 4x6 card file cabinet.  I'm very happy with it, works great, holds thousands of cards, and can expand by stacking more if additional space is needed later.  I sort by DXCC, then by number.

https://www.amazon.com/SteelMaster-263F4616DBLA-Drawer-Cabinet-Holds/dp/B00006IFEH
WA8UEG

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2017, 12:57:11 PM »

I have a glass top on the operating desk and 2 "wings" that extend out from the desk which is pretty large. The rare ones (about 70) are underneath the glass. The only US card under the glass is Barry Goldwaters qsl.

The rest are all in shoe boxes.
K6REA

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2017, 02:26:49 PM »

I keep them all online... electronic.

kevin rea
Lancaster, Calif.
K6REA
N4MQ

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2017, 05:14:49 AM »

I have a 8' long 2" thick cherry slab of wood that I got from a mill down the road.  This is my operating table and after taking cards from all ten regions, I added some DX cards from my novice days, arranged them and then used pourable epoxy coating for two coats to have a nifty desk with real history that will last.  Enjoy, Woody
WA9CFK

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2017, 04:04:21 PM »

Years ago when they were common, I had hundreds of them in holders hanging on the wall. In recent years the few I receive are in a drawer.

If I get one, I immediately send one in return.

Now more QSOs are verified on the web.
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: