The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forfeiting amatuer radio license  (Read 86880 times)
AB3TQ

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: May 26, 2017, 05:29:43 PM »

- .-. --- .-.. .-..

73's and have fun,

Jay

Now that was funny. Smiley

No, that was VERY funny
PLANKEYE

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2017, 04:52:44 PM »

Ya know I read this and all the comments and I thought about how it must feel to want to cancel your license.  I mean I get he posted the question and then went on to explain why he hates radio.  I get that.  Tisha says don't let the door hit you on the way out and some others pretty much say get out we don't need you blah blah.  I have been listening on the air for a while now and I have been wondering why folks can use a legit callsign and get away with what they say on the air.  Is the FCC awake or are they napping?  I guess it has been going on for a while I ran across a old E-ham article I hate 75 meters by I think w8mw from 2001 but I'm not sure of the call.  It was satire but the comments were not.  What I hear on the air at least on 80 mtrs and 40 mtrs  phone sounds like the FCC is napping.  Even in the extra part of both bands except CW with that mode all is nice.  It's too bad that folks get to the point that they want to forfeit their license.  If the FCC won't do anything about it can't everyone in the ham community like be a neighborhood watch.  Self police these crazy people so to speak?  I'm just asking but it's again too bad that folks want to forfeit a ticket.  What can you do to help stop this?   
WI8P

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2017, 01:57:11 PM »

Pinkeye: If you want the FCC to police the radio, start with your Senators and Congressmen(women).  They were the ones who continuously cut the FCC's budget, and they are also the ones who can restaff them and have them do their jobs.  No rocket science here, just paying attention to what has happened over the years.
PLANKEYE

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2017, 02:28:38 PM »

WI8P

Pinkeye: If you want the FCC to police the radio, start with your Senators and Congressmen(women).  They were the ones who continuously cut the FCC's budget, and they are also the ones who can restaff them and have them do their jobs.  No rocket science here, just paying attention to what has happened over the years.

I think I understand what you are saying but if I was in charge of the money it would not go to the FCC to enforce rules in Ham radio.  That is crazy talk.  First of all it's a hobby, not to many people care what they say on the air let alone enforcement of RULES.  That is obvious if you listen on the air.  Just scrap the test and let everyone do whatever they want, it's pretty much that way now anyway.  Send those funds somewhere else.  It's not rocket science.   
KC4ZGP

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2017, 05:08:39 AM »

Senators are congressmen, congresswomen.

Start with your representatives. A senator cannot take up the issue simply on persons' desires.
Senators represent the state not persons.

Kraus
N2EY

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2017, 05:44:24 AM »

Senators are congressmen, congresswomen.

Start with your representatives. A senator cannot take up the issue simply on persons' desires.

What is a "state" if it is not the people who live there?
KC4ZGP

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2017, 07:30:51 AM »

In our system for instance, Georgia is a state, an autonomy, an entity.

It isn't warm bodies like you or I. Warm bodies have their representation
called representatives.

States have their representatives called senators.

Kraus
N2EY

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2017, 08:16:25 PM »

In our system for instance, Georgia is a state, an autonomy, an entity.

It isn't warm bodies like you or I. Warm bodies have their representation
called representatives.

States have their representatives called senators.

If there were no people there would be no state.
W3HF

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2017, 05:34:03 AM »

A senator cannot take up the issue simply on persons' desires.

Although the first statement is true, the second statement does not follow logically from it. (And yes, I know that Kraus didn't post them in that order, but a tautology's logic is easier to discus as an if-then statement than a this-because.)

Senators represent states as a whole. That's not to say that they don't represent individuals at all--it's that they represent all the individuals in the state at the same time.

Representatives represent regions of a state. They don't represent individuals any more (or any less) than a Senator--it's just that their "coverage" can be smaller than a Senator.

Both Senators and Representatives decide which issues to address at least partly based on the concerns of their constituents. As evidence, check any Senator's web site. If they only represented the state (and not individuals), then there would be no way for an individual to contact the Senator's office to express a concern--those contacts would be reserved for official state government personnel. But I dare say that every Senator has those links on their web pages. In fact, here is the page that one of my Senators has posted to contact him with FCC issues.
KC4ZGP

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2017, 05:43:40 AM »

Here,

A senator is geared to the state while the representative is geared to the persons.

Persons is the plural of person. People is singular of peoples.

Just in the last one-hundred years did is a senator become elected by popular vote. Before then,
the state appointed the senator.

There you go.

Kraus

W3HF

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2017, 06:26:49 AM »

A senator is geared to the state while the representative is geared to the persons.

Then why does my Senator have a link for individuals to contact  him with FCC issues? I gave you proof--you respond with unsubstantiated assertions and don't address my statements.

Just in the last one-hundred years did is a senator become elected by popular vote. Before then,
the state appointed the senator.

Yes, but that's history. Every senator appointed by a state is now dead, and every sitting senator has been elected by popular vote. So every senator must represent the persons s/he represents to make sure s/he has the popular votes to be re-elected.
KC4ZGP

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2017, 01:14:18 PM »

Do you think any elected official will tell a voter no?

They're politicians. They will say what you want to hear.

Did I address your statements to your satisfaction?

Now I'm sounding like a politician.

No matter how goofy things might seem, it could be worse. We could be North Korea.

Count your blessings.

I'm on 1.815MHz Morse at 2200UTC. I dare you to join me.

Kraus

W3HF

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2017, 07:42:01 PM »

I'm on 1.815MHz Morse at 2200UTC. I dare you to join me.

I can't do 160 very well--my 80m inverted vee doesn't load up.

I usually do PSK31 on 80m and up.
KC4ZGP

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: September 29, 2017, 05:04:44 AM »

W3HF,

Ah yes PSK-31. Such a nice mode. The only digital mode I use but just on 20 meters.

I've heard the JT-65/FT8 stuff on 160 meters. But I don't hear PSK-31 folks I reckon
should be a few KHz below.

Maybe since the season is still opening up, folks are dusting off their stuff and gearing
up full-speed ahead on 160.

I'm a patient man.

Have fun, be safe and say hey to the family.

Kraus
W3HF

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: September 29, 2017, 12:19:16 PM »

Kraus -

Just looked and you're in my log twice: 6/29/16 on 40m PSK and 7/13/16 on 20m PSK.

Steve
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: