The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kenwood TS-480SAT Problem  (Read 20264 times)
KA5IPF

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2014, 09:47:44 AM »

Lack of knowledge doesn't bother me. I know enough to know what I don't know in fields that interest me. And am able to pursue learning more about what does interest me. What scares me is someone who knows everything. That indicates a lack of knowledge as in not knowing enough to know what they don't.

Confuse you?
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2014, 01:56:45 PM »

Lack of knowledge doesn't bother me. I know enough to know what I don't know in fields that interest me. And am able to pursue learning more about what does interest me. What scares me is someone who knows everything. That indicates a lack of knowledge as in not knowing enough to know what they don't.

Confuse you?

To you some that may know a lot scares you because you feel its not possible. I will say this, sometimes knowledge is a curse because when you try to share it those that do not understand it think it must surely be BS.

--------------------------------------
Ham since 1969....  Old School 20wpm REAL Extra Class..
KA5IPF

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2014, 03:12:10 PM »

Doesn't scare me a bit. Down here we call them educated idiots. Besides I have a very accurate BS detector and right now it's waking the dead.

Finis
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2014, 07:55:36 AM »

Clif:  The one thing I learned when working for the Extra and 1st Phone tickets was that these pieces of paper didn't indicate how much you knew but indicated that you knew what you had to know and find the answers.

Confusing?

Al
KM3F

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2014, 11:17:08 PM »

Maybe I missed it but did you attempt a 'soft' reset.
I ran into an issue where I just turned off the radio and the power supply then absent mindedly for some reason pushed the On button on the radio.
The charge left in the power supply attempted to start the radio until the power from the filter dissipated the  left the boot up in limbo the next time a start was attempted.
The radio did not work correctly until a soft restart was done to correct the problem that was stepped into by me.
Lesson learned.
Also found once the head cable was not firmly seated into the socket and would shut off for no apparent reason.
Good luck.
N4GKS

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2017, 04:29:10 AM »

Did anyone come up with a solution? My 480 says HELLO then shuts off. Can run the unit by computer without control head attached no problem. Control head seems dead other than HELLO.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: