The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Echolink or IRLP?? Comments please...  (Read 1915 times)
WB5ITT

Ignore
« on: August 11, 2008, 07:51:45 PM »

I have a private network available for linking purposes....yes it is NOT an IP network...the interface is a RS232 9600 baud connector..Is there a way to do IRLP privately to this? Would an Echolink method be ok? Looking for the cheapest and easiest way to get this up and running. There is NO internet connection from this private network (56K DDS with Excalibur DAPs) and its going to be point to point or multipoint connections (not IP)...so a PC would be on EACH end of the link...even at the main site where all 16 DDSs come together; several PCs, one on each link unless I can get a multiport-DB9/RS232 card to work in one PC on this (shame that only 9600 is being used out of a 56K ckt..but ehhh, I'll take it)..Any comments please send direct...

Thanks!
Chris
WB5ITT
mycall at mycall dot net
K8UH

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 11:52:46 AM »

I know this is an old post, but I'll reply anyway.  Both Echolink and IRLP use external servers to operate their global network.  You might look into some other voip software, things like TeamSpeak have been used for Voip radio links plenty of times.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: