The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yaesu FT-60R for $24.21? I don't think so.  (Read 13085 times)
KE2KB

Ignore
« on: November 28, 2014, 07:22:51 AM »

In searching Google for Yaesu FT-60R, I found this website, offering the FT-60R for $24.21. I'm sure it is not legit. Note that the page states Boefang, not Yaesu. I believe this is a Boefang radio with Yaesu Ft-60R photo and description.
http://www.ccstch.com/bagroo.php?id=yaesu-ft60r-dual-band-handheld-5w-vhf-uhf-amateur-radio-transceiver-p-15015.html

I am almost curious enough to place an order, but am afraid to provide my credit card info on this site. I think instead I should report it to Yaesu.

Frank - KE2KB
N5VTU

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 06:53:20 PM »

Well, you know what they say about a deal that sounds too good to be true...it probably is.

From the About Us section of their website - "All pictures on our website are of the actual products you will receive. We know that you want to know exactly what you are going to get when you place an order, so we have our photographer take pictures of every new product before it is put up for sale on our website."

That is definitely a picture of an FT-60 (or a really good clone).  Based on their claim above about getting exactly what is pictured, you should have some recourse if it turns out differently.  If you place an order, come back and let us know what you receive.  Good Luck!

Stephen
N5VTU

KE2KB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 10:49:58 AM »

I sent a message to their cust. service about this item. My bet is that someone has hacked the site and changed the Baofeng description and photo to the Yaesu. If they really are selling a bran-new FT-60R for $24.21, and I were to buy and receive one, I would be looking out for the FBI to be knocking at my door <hi hi>

Note: I found a second listing on their website for a Yaesu FT-60R for $11.55 at this url:
http://www.ccstch.com/bagroo.php?id=yaesu-ft60r-dual-band-handheld-5w-vhf-uhf-amateur-radio-transceiver-p-15015.html

Checking Whois, I get info that they are hosted by GoDaddy.com, but according to "MyIP.MS" (whatmyip.co), they are hosted by CloudFlare. MyIP.MS lists several foreign websites, including .ru associated with this site. I am not going to place any orders with them, but I am still curious.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 11:02:53 AM by KE2KB » Logged
K4ISR

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 02:53:02 PM »

Stick with purchases from trusted sites. Amazon, newegg, gigaparts, aes, and so on. Avoid these sites, usually what happens is they take your money and you never get anything, or they mail you a picture of the radio... or used for farming and stealing CC info. Stay away.

de K4ISR
KE2KB

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 05:20:08 PM »

I agree. A site like that should be shut down, but hosting companies don't care what's on their servers, so long as the bill is paid.
W1BR

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2014, 08:29:37 PM »

http://news.seagm.com/scam-alert-payment-itunes-gift-card/
KD6NIG

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2014, 10:53:41 AM »

I sent a message to their cust. service about this item. My bet is that someone has hacked the site and changed the Baofeng description and photo to the Yaesu. If they really are selling a bran-new FT-60R for $24.21, and I were to buy and receive one, I would be looking out for the FBI to be knocking at my door <hi hi>

Note: I found a second listing on their website for a Yaesu FT-60R for $11.55 at this url:

Checking Whois, I get info that they are hosted by GoDaddy.com, but according to "MyIP.MS" (whatmyip.co), they are hosted by CloudFlare. MyIP.MS lists several foreign websites, including .ru associated with this site. I am not going to place any orders with them, but I am still curious.

Just as a FYI, "Cloudflare" is a service that website hosting companies utilize to present a "cached" copy of a site to a internet user when the main host is down.  If the main site won't load, it will load a snapshot of the site (usually within a day or so) with a bar at the top telling you the original host is down and you're viewing a cached copy.

Although I'd agree these sites are suspect, the use of Cloudflare doesn't mean they are suspect in and of itself.

A FT-60 for the prices you list?  Thats beyond suspect.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: