The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't Buy from ME! KJ4RWH  (Read 34523 times)
KJ4RWH

Ignore
« on: February 04, 2015, 11:15:52 AM »

Just received a call from a Ham in California and learned I was selling equipment that I've never owned.
My Name (Jeff Robertson) & Call (KJ4RWH) have been hijacked.

Be aware and check background as best you can. Jeff
KJ4RWH

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 12:43:37 PM »

Received calls today about a Hickok tube tester, fortunately the "mark" demanded a street address for the payment and the scammer quickly hung up.
W1XWX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 02:40:06 PM »

I believe he is also trying to sell an MDS digital rotor controller to me! I asked the price and he said $30.00 which of course is ridiculously low!

Joe Lalumia
W1XWX

So if the scammer is reading this stick it where the sun don't shine.

Life's too short for QRP
KP4CH

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 02:45:57 PM »

Jeff Im received this mail today from an Scammer, who trying to sell me a tower rohn 25 sections.

To: kp4ch@yahoo.com
Subject: RE: rohn 25 10 feet sections
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 11:17:27 +0100

Hi,

Your address have been noted down for shipping in here.
You will proceed payment through USPS money order to the name and address below
name: maryjo mellor
address: 5700 windy gorge street Las vegas, Nevada 89149
After payment get back to me a scan copy of the money order slip as i will proceed shipping in here.

73's

W1XWX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 08:22:10 AM »

That's the same person that tried to sell me a MDS rotor control.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 2/10/2015 4:37 PM, Jeff C Robertson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You will proceed payment through USPS money order to the name and address below
> name: maryjo mellor
> address: 5700 windy gorge street Las vegas, Nevada 89149
> After payment get back to me a scan copy of the money order slip as i will proceed shipping in here.
>
> 73's
>
> Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 16:33:19 -0600
> From: joelalumia@sbcglobal.net
> To: jeffkj4rwh@outlook.com
> Subject: Re: MDS Digital Controller box

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Just an FYI--- I did get an address out of him for mailing the money order --- maybe that will help you catch this low life.

Joe Lalumia
W1XWX

Life's too short for QRP
KB2FCV

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 01:48:00 PM »

I'm guessing the LV PD has better things to do that to catch a scammer, but it would be nice to try to catch them if they truly were in LV. Nothing would bring greater joy than to see one of these people in a heap of legal trouble with potential jail time to pay for their crimes.
KS9N

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2015, 04:40:41 PM »

He tried to scam me too.  Offered to sell me an internal power supply for my FT-897d for $120 (too cheap).  Further searching revealed this thread.

When I asked for a picture, he sent me a photo from a listing on here from 2012.

Here's the scam email:

Jeff C Robertson jeffkj4rwh@outlook.com via registrar-servers.com
Feb 10 (4 days ago)

to ks9n
Hi,

Very Nice, properly working,Yaesu FP-30 internal power suppy from a smoke free environment.Please let me know if you have seen one ..

Thanks,

73's

and my final reply:

Hi Jeff,

I'll take it.  Please provide me with your bank account number so that I may transfer the money to you.  While you're at it, how about your real name, and a phone number that isn't a google voice number?  Or maybe a picture that isn't from a listing that someone else posted back in 2011.

c.c.  FBI Cybercrimes Division
c.c.  The 'REAL' Jeff C Robertson

We're on to you...

Sean - KS9N

I cc'd the "REAL" Jeff on the message, but not sure if that email is still valid.

Thanks again to the REAL KJ4RWH for posting about this scam.
KJ4RWH

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 06:02:57 AM »

Guys & Gals, I'm glad you smelled a RAT and didn't loose any money. I can't believe how active the scammer has been. I've had a few more phone calls from suspicious Amateurs needing verification. Always happy to oblige.
signed, the Real Jeff C Robertson KJ4RWH, in Bedford, VA  mrjeff99@verizon.net
WB8CAC

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2015, 06:51:34 PM »

Just had the imposter try to sell me a Globe V-10 VFO shipped for 50 bucks. Got suspicious when name and mailing address didn't match KJ4RWH.   Did a search and found this thread. I'll keep the fake's mail in case it may help with legal action some day... knew it was too good to be true.

Hi,
Your address have been noted down for shipping
in here.
You can proceed payment through USPS money
order to the name and address below
name . Maryjo Mellor
address . 5700 windy gorge street Las vegas,
Nevada 89149
After payment get back to me a scan copy of the
money order slip as i
will proceed shipping in here.
Thanks and regards to your family.

---------------------------------------------------

Bob  WB8CAC
http://webpages.charter.net/wb8cac

KJ6ZOL

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2015, 12:51:35 AM »

Guys & Gals, I'm glad you smelled a RAT and didn't loose any money. I can't believe how active the scammer has been. I've had a few more phone calls from suspicious Amateurs needing verification. Always happy to oblige.
signed, the Real Jeff C Robertson KJ4RWH, in Bedford, VA  mrjeff99@verizon.net

Jeff, your QRZ profile lists an arrl.net email. Is that still good? You might want to put your Verizon email on it instead.
KJ4RWH

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2015, 08:30:00 AM »

The ARRL.net is automatically forwarded to my main email (verizon.net) I'm happy to announce that progress has been made on my identity Hijack. Smiley
I sent a detailed letter to outlook.com regarding the hijacked email. The prompt reply I received informed me that the account in question (jeffkj4rwh@outlook.com) has been shutdown!
I have also forwarded a letter to the Las Vegas Municipal Police, EAC sector, Capt. James Seebock outlining the scam being perpetrated involving mail fraud, impersonation to mislead and theft by deceit. The address given by the scammer for payment falls into this jurisdiction. There was also a report to the Internet Crime Unit filed and I listed the email & names of four individuals who have been cheated by this miscreant.
My next option would be a road trip, then its all over Angry
I don't know if he'll be caught or prosecuted but if we take an active role in mitigating the damage of identity theft on the Ham Classified boards fewer fellow Hams would be cheated.
KG4USK

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2015, 01:50:59 AM »

I'm glad I found this post...

I posted a wanted at at QRZ.com
Got a response from "Nick G Lash" (nickk6klr@gmail.com)

After some negotiation he responded with...

"Hi,

Your address have been noted down for shipping in here .
You can proceed payment through USPS money order to the name and address below
Name: maryjo mellor
Address: 5700 windy gorge street Las vegas, Nevada 89149

After payment get back to me a scan copy of the money order slip as I
will proceed shipping in here immediately.

73's"

LOOKS AWFULLY FAMILIAR!!

I asked him why the name and address was different from K9KLR (Nick G Lash on QRZ), and he stated:

"Hi,

I want it to be mailed to my wife as I am selling it just to raise
some funds for my son tuition fees.

73's"

And then he would email me a couple times a day asking if I was still interested...
KJ4RWH

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2015, 12:38:26 PM »

It would seem this criminal is creating email addresses from any free mail host (yahoo, gmail, etc) that he can use with a valid call sign. I was able to have his account shutdown at outlook.com. I emailed the Cook County District Attorney with a letter outlining the scammer's method. He replied that the complaint must come through a bonafied Law Enforcement agency. I've left 3 voice mails with the fraud division of my county Sheriff's office but no returned call yet. Cook county said a "courtesy report" could be taken and forwarded to Las Vegas. That's my goal.
Just be very vigilant on the replies you receive for WTB ads you place. Jeff KJ4RWH
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: