The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DX to Japan from the West Coast  (Read 2276 times)
W7EEU

Ignore
« on: April 10, 2015, 04:05:52 PM »

Hello,
What are generally the best times of day, taking into account band openings/propagation and time differences, to work Japan via cw from the Western U.S.?
Rich
N7ZAL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 04:13:25 PM »

I work Japan, Asiatic Russia, Australia, etc. on 15 meters generally between 0000-0400 UTC. If 10 is open then it is usually easy to hit the Pacific Rim.   FYI

Later, Bill N7ZAL (ex. WA2DPB, WB3BOC, N2FWS)
N6ORB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 05:01:11 PM »

I use 100W and portable wire antennas near San Francisco and have worked plenty of JA stations on 10M-20M phone from the early afternoon until after dark. For 40M, try around sunrise. CW will let you work them earlier and later.

The new DXSummit dx cluster website lets you click on a dx call and get the VOACAP propagation prediction to that station.  http://new.dxsummit.fi

Dave, N6ORB
K0YQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 05:21:12 PM »

I use 100W and portable wire antennas near San Francisco and have worked plenty of JA stations on 10M-20M phone from the early afternoon until after dark. For 40M, try around sunrise. CW will let you work them earlier and later.

The new DXSummit dx cluster website lets you click on a dx call and get the VOACAP propagation prediction to that station.  http://new.dxsummit.fi

Dave, N6ORB

And this weekend is the JIDX CW contest.  Pretty much every Japanese prefecture will be active with tons of stations to work.  They send their prefect number, and you send your CQ zone.
JS6TMW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 08:02:34 AM »

Just starting to hear West Coast stations on 20M here in Okinawa at 0300 UTC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: