The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: E30FB log updates?  (Read 12613 times)
K0YQ

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2015, 09:18:59 AM »

The Slim on 20CW was actually a really good CW op, and identifying often just like the real deal.  I think I worked two Slims on two bands, or one Slim twice.  Certainly no fault of the team.

I think it may be the same slim, as my "early" 40M CW EP6T contact. A decent operator who actually seems to like to work a pileup. In retrospect, one identifying characteristics shared by these slims (or maybe same slim), is that he was on real early in the DXpedition and working mostly NA but not specifically calling for NA and not getting a lot of flak from EU's.

In the last day on E30FB, he was not specifically calling for NA but certainly working mostly NA, so that characteristic may not be so useful later on in a DXpedition (after all of EU has been worked dry.)

A few other ops in that group that I shared email with said beam headings seemed north of E30.  Like 15-20 degrees.  That might also put EU off the side of the beam from that part of the world.  Smiley
AB3CX

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2015, 12:52:15 PM »

I had very short window to try for this one due to getting home from a vacation late 3/15.  My 20M SSB QSO is not in log but fortunately I got one on 12 CW, so for the ATNO I am really pleased.  The op on 20M SSB sounded Japanese, and was very accented, but I thought he had my call right, sigh.  Maybe a slim. It seems likely there will be other opportunities for Eritrea now that the precedent has been set; 60,000+ reported Q's is just a surface scratch on demand I would say...
K0YQ

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2015, 11:55:18 PM »

The Slim on 20CW was actually a really good CW op, and identifying often just like the real deal.  I think I worked two Slims on two bands, or one Slim twice.  Certainly no fault of the team.

I think it may be the same slim, as my "early" 40M CW EP6T contact. A decent operator who actually seems to like to work a pileup. In retrospect, one identifying characteristics shared by these slims (or maybe same slim), is that he was on real early in the DXpedition and working mostly NA but not specifically calling for NA and not getting a lot of flak from EU's.

In the last day on E30FB, he was not specifically calling for NA but certainly working mostly NA, so that characteristic may not be so useful later on in a DXpedition (after all of EU has been worked dry.)

Ya never know as that wasn't Slim after all.  I saw the latest post that they recovered a batch of missing Qs and...  

Hope I still have the QSO record as I think I deleted it...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 12:12:53 AM by K0YQ » Logged
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2015, 06:59:34 AM »

Would your Q data be in LoTW or Clublog?  It would be interesting to find out if you worked the real deal.  Sometimes a dxpedition would say 'work us again if you are not in the log' as a mitigation for unrecoverable disasters.  But not everyone has the luxury to work a dxpedition on multiple contacts.

Jonathan W6GX
K0YQ

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2015, 12:29:02 PM »

Would your Q data be in LoTW or Clublog?  It would be interesting to find out if you worked the real deal.  Sometimes a dxpedition would say 'work us again if you are not in the log' as a mitigation for unrecoverable disasters.  But not everyone has the luxury to work a dxpedition on multiple contacts.

Jonathan W6GX

Yes it was good and confirmed.  Amazing.
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2015, 12:56:58 PM »

Jonathan W6GX

Yes it was good and confirmed.  Amazing.

Congrats!  That's great news.  I now see your 20m CW Q in Clublog.

Jonathan W6GX
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: