The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which DX-peditions Will You Be Chasing in 2015/16 for an ATNO?  (Read 33318 times)
AD7DB

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2015, 11:25:21 AM »

I'm glad to be able to work any DXpeditions I can. Everything helps toward my own DXCC (yeah, I'm not to 100 yet).
I am also looking forward to working grid DM02 on 6m in June. Someone's going to be on San Clemente Island.
N7WR

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2015, 08:08:34 PM »

The only entity I do not have confirmed is P 5.  If the announced single op, short term, low power, vertical antenna operation from P 5 actually happens in 2016 I am betting that it will remain the only entity I do not have confirmed.  Such is life.
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2015, 08:25:03 PM »

The only entity I do not have confirmed is P 5.  If the announced single op, short term, low power, vertical antenna operation from P 5 actually happens in 2016 I am betting that it will remain the only entity I do not have confirmed.  Such is life.

You are located in Oregon, possibly the best location to work P5 from N.A.  However you do need to upgrade your station, perhaps by adding a legal limit amplifier.  But somehow I got the feeling that you will work them barefoot from Oregon Smiley

Jonathan W6GX
VK3HJ

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: March 31, 2015, 06:03:14 AM »

To my total amazement this morning our time, after seeing a 17 m spot for Denis VP8DOZ in South Georgia Island, I started to actually hear him after about 15 minutes listening!

Then, in between a couple of JAs who were calling without seeming to hear his reply, I called and made the QSO! This is my most difficult path, over the South Pole, and over the range to my south.

This was one I wasn't actively chasing, not expecting anything at all. So now, the Intrepid VP8S/G next year is looking promising.

Heard Island should be easy from here, and Trindade will be on air in a few days and will be a long shot, but I'll be listening!

Luke VK3HJ
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: March 31, 2015, 06:09:52 AM »

You're one lucky dog Luke!  Perhaps I have a shot at it too if I get a 17m monobander.  17m is my worse band Cheesy  But first I have to start chasing him!

Jonathan W6GX
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: March 31, 2015, 07:54:27 AM »

Although I already worked him a few weeks ago I still tune to his frequency when my alarm goes off. He was louder yesterday than when I worked him on 04 March. 100% copy, about 5x5 on peaks.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: March 31, 2015, 02:35:45 PM »

Although I already worked him a few weeks ago I still tune to his frequency when my alarm goes off. He was louder yesterday than when I worked him on 04 March. 100% copy, about 5x5 on peaks.

Denis is on right now.  My ESP hearing is not working very well today Angry

Jonathan W6GX
VK3HJ

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2015, 06:07:53 PM »

Well, this year has started well, with all ATNO opportunities realised.

Navassa I, much harder to work than expected, and some bands missed, but confirmed on 5 bands three modes.
Cocos I, wasn't expecting to work this one but worked them 3 bands and two modes.
South Georgia I, never expected to even hear Denis, but worked him on 17 m.
Trindade I, never expected any joy here, but was in the right place at the right time!

Now it looks like an 8-month drought of ATNO, unless something unexpected happens, until the Heard I expedition is QRV. Then Bouvet, South Sandwich, and North Korea?

I'm "only" 15 off HR - now it is starting to look possible!

Luke VK3HJ
K6UJ

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: April 05, 2015, 06:41:55 PM »

There sure were lots of great DX-peditions in 2014, and some already in 2015. Which entities / DX-peditions in 2015/16 will you be chasing for an ATNO?

For me it was K1N and the next up are:

VK0EK
3Y0F

Early 2016:

VP8/S
3Y/ON4WW

The others that have been rumored - but not yet announced - are one's I don't need. In fact, if all goes well, after these I would only need Glorioso and Kingman Reef. Exciting times ahead!

Rich
KY6R

Kingman Reef ?
yawn...................... Grin Grin Grin

Have it confirmed on 5 bands. 
I couldn't resist the yawn Rich    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Bob
K6UJ
KY6R

« Reply #99 on: April 07, 2015, 02:29:59 PM »

Some dude named Neptune will activate it!
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: April 07, 2015, 02:52:45 PM »

Kingman Reef ?

I couldn't resist the yawn Rich    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Bob
K6UJ

When I grow up I want to be like Bob,  Peter and Gene.  Grin Grin

“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.”  (Mark Twain)
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: April 07, 2015, 03:30:08 PM »

Kingman Reef ?

Trade ya one of those for one of my four BS7H Qs Wink

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: April 07, 2015, 04:20:57 PM »

The XYL wants to take a winter vacation this year.  I can't fathom the idea of missing any one of these however I think I'll lose the battle with her.  It's cheaper to go to one of these places than a divorce Cheesy

Jonathan W6GX

Tell her you can take her to the rare and exotic Bouvet Island for a Skiing vacation.  She can do some Skiing while you work the Dx  Grin  First dibs on a Scheduled contact with you.  Grin

“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.”  (Mark Twain)
K6UJ

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: April 07, 2015, 05:23:49 PM »

The XYL wants to take a winter vacation this year.  I can't fathom the idea of missing any one of these however I think I'll lose the battle with her.  It's cheaper to go to one of these places than a divorce Cheesy

Jonathan W6GX

Tell her you can take her to the rare and exotic Bouvet Island for a Skiing vacation.  She can do some Skiing while you work the Dx  Grin  First dibs on a Scheduled contact with you.  Grin

Jonathon,
Count me in also.  Do an eham DX forum buddy list and call us first. 
I will sweeten the deal and send you a picture of one of my P5 cards  Grin Grin Grin

Bob
K6UJ

NM6V

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: April 08, 2015, 09:02:01 AM »

Peter, I'll trade you one of your SSB BS7H cards for any one of my Kingman Reef cards. Wink Wink
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: