donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 5G?  (Read 7849 times)
K2GWK

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2015, 07:48:17 PM »

AT&T is sitting on massive amounts of spectrum crying for more when they have a lot of unused.  I have zero trust in at%t about their honesty on this matter. They are greedy and want it all. I recently got in a fight with them over a metered fax line I had for many years that was about 13/mo cheaper than a regular line. They quietly upgraded it to a full line and claimed they could not roll it back to old setting. Pure BS. Its about grabbing every penny they can.

It is futile to argue with someone who will never admit they are wrong so whatever you say.......

You mean with someone that is gulible and in denial like yourself.  Only a fool would take at&t's word on anything related to spectrum and it's lack of it. they are also against the government raising the broadband minimum standard to 10mbits for future government incetives and want it left at 2mbits even though they know that 2mbit WILL NOT support HD video streaming. If standard stays at 2, they can charge a lot more for speeds needed for streaming.  Its all about profit and days of market regulating itself are gone as too few hold too much of it.

at&t banks on disbelievers as yourself. To you ignorance truely is bliss because you believe they have your best interests at heart but only interest they have is your pocket book.

I work in the industry bud. Who do you work for??? I guess this is just like your claim that Ten Tec was going out of business because they were moving. It is amazing who many times you have made a fool out of yourself in these forums. Quit while you are ahead.

Guy
Lawn Guyland, New York

K2GWK Website
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2015, 08:11:19 AM »

Although I don't work for AT&T, there is no doubt in my mind that they also experience the same capacity issues as their competitors do. Wireless capacity is a bit more complex than it appears on the surface.

Yes, some carriers have deep pockets and buy spectrum licenses that they don't use right away. But no carrier believes that they have enough capacity, because they don't. A carrier may have licenses galore, yet still have capacity shortfalls in particular markets. However, Dish Network, which is not yet a wireless carrier per se has lots of spectrum licenses that they are not using, yet. But they cannot sit on these licenses forever. They have to put them to use or relinquish any unused spectrum licenses at some point.

And LTE is certainly not a failure. There is always pain involved in rolling out any new technology but millions are using LTE every day and experiencing lower latency and greater bandwidth. But that does not mean that all LTE users are always having a great experience. Some LTE markets may have (gasp) capacity issues and those LTE customers will have a less than optimal experience.  So it's not so simple as the carrier has tons of spectrum that they are not using. The carrier may have capacity galore in Fort Smith yet may be struggling to meet their capacity demands in Orlando.  And capacity means several things, wireless capacity, backhaul capacity, and the capacity of the equipment at the cell sites and the switching offices. My 2 cents worth, from another who works in the industry.

Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: