The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAMMED BY N9NOS  (Read 29104 times)
W3FW

Ignore
« on: March 10, 2015, 05:32:16 PM »

SCAMMED BY EUGENE PINCUS (N9NOS)

Gene Pincus(N9NOS) sold me an Alpha 2100 dummy load and advertised it as being in mint and perfect condition for $1200. He claimed that it was from a recent SK and it is in pure mint condition and probably never used. When I received it I did not get a chance to check it out for a few weeks, as I was waiting for an AL-1500 to arrive. When I tried to use it, it became evident that I was sold a burned out unit. I contacted Gene and told him that the unit is defective. I asked him if he could contact the silent keys wife and get her to pay for the repair, being that it was advertised as in pure mint condition. He agreed and assured me that it would not be a problem and to go ahead and have it repaired by RF Concepts and he will take care of the repair bills. I had it repaired for a grand total of almost $800.
I emailed N9NOS a copy of the bill and he became very nasty and essentially told me to go fly a kite. He refuses to give me the name of the silent keys wife.
If he had told me to send it back to him for a refund, I would have, but he told me to have it repaired and he would take care of the bill.
THIS MAN IS A LIAR AND A SCAM ARTIST

N9NOS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 04:21:01 AM »

In reply to Murray"s post,  I was contacted by Murray 6 weeks after he received the dummy load.   The unit was shipped in perfect working condition and he told me he was using it with his Al1500 amplifier.     After he contacted me, my reply was  that I am sorry, but this is used equipment and 6 weeks since you received this so there is nothing I can do about.     I also told him that if he would have contacted me within a week after receiving the unit, I would have taken the unit back.   

During our phone conversations, I treated Murray with the utmost respect.   
W9CIN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 06:56:06 AM »

I have dealt with Gene for many years, 18 to be exact,and never had a problem at all
and there have been many ,many trades buys and purchases .
and never had a problem . Just look at his lengthy feedback! and now all of a sudden he is a scammer?
I find it strange that this person bought this expensive item never tried it out
until 6 weeks latter and then found a fault.
have never seen Gene get nasty with anyone.
W9CIN  "Rich"
K6SBA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 10:13:46 AM »

I have bought two or three items from Gene or the past several years.  His transactions have been exemplary in every way.

73 de K6SBA
David in Santa Barbara, CA
N6BIZ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 01:59:56 PM »

SOUNDS LIKE MUARRY IS TRYING TO SCAM GENE!!!
6 WEEKS !!!
LOL!!!
W3FW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 06:37:46 AM »

SCAMMED BY EUGENE PINCUS (N9NOS)

Gene Pincus(N9NOS) sold me an Alpha 2100 dummy load and advertised it as being in mint and perfect condition for $1200. He claimed that it was from a recent SK and it is in pure mint condition and probably never used. When I tried to use it, it became evident that I was sold a burned out unit. I contacted Gene and told him that the unit is defective. I asked him if he could contact the silent keys wife and get her to pay for the repair, being that it was advertised as in pure mint condition. He agreed and assured me that it would not be a problem and to go ahead and have it repaired by RF Concepts and he will take care of the repair bills. I had it repaired for a grand total of almost $800.
I emailed N9NOS a copy of the bill and he became very nasty and essentially told me to go fly a kite. He refuses to give me the name of the silent keys wife.
If he had told me to send it back to him for a refund, I would have, but he told me to have it repaired and he would take care of the bill.
THIS MAN IS A LIAR AND A SCAM ARTIST

WI8P

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2015, 08:10:03 AM »

In reply to Murray"s post,  I was contacted by Murray 6 weeks after he received the dummy load.   The unit was shipped in perfect working condition and he told me he was using it with his Al1500 amplifier.     After he contacted me, my reply was  that I am sorry, but this is used equipment and 6 weeks since you received this so there is nothing I can do about.     I also told him that if he would have contacted me within a week after receiving the unit, I would have taken the unit back.   

During our phone conversations, I treated Murray with the utmost respect.   

What of his claim that you told him to get it repaired and would cover the cost?
N9NOS

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2015, 09:29:52 AM »

never told Murray that I would pay for repair ,he received Dummyload by Fed Ex on December 8th 2014 ,I did not hear a word from him till the last week of Febuary 2015
W9CIN

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2015, 10:30:35 AM »

after 18 years and 10's of thousand, of dollars ! ,, I should not trust him ??
is it not strange that with many and many, of great glowing reports and just one bad one (yours by the way )
that the many ham's that have been burned by him have not said a word any ware ?
another thing that makes you case unbelievable is waiting a month and a half to try it . cant believe anyone would
wait that long to try something that costly.
especially since you told Gene you had a working Ameritron  AL-1500 amp there .
 and also told him you had a big amp ordered from Australia
leads me to believe ,that something happened here
"Rich"
W9LVM

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2015, 04:28:33 AM »

WI8P Who said Gene told him to repair and he would pay the repair bill? W3FW and can you trust him on the issue? Gene would have take care of him BUT 6 weeks to test it? there is no way anyone waits 6 weeks on some thing like this! I burned up some ham equipment one because I was tired and made a mistake!
A9KW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2015, 05:52:51 AM »

I have bought many items over the the last 25 years from Gene. Never had a problem.

Tom
N9ZV
WI8P

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2015, 07:00:54 AM »

WI8P Who said Gene told him to repair and he would pay the repair bill? W3FW and can you trust him on the issue? Gene would have take care of him BUT 6 weeks to test it? there is no way anyone waits 6 weeks on some thing like this! I burned up some ham equipment one because I was tired and made a mistake!

Cool off.  OP made the claim, and I asked Gene (not you) if it was true.  Looks like it wasn't, as Gene responded to my question.
N9AVY

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2015, 03:32:26 PM »

I bought my FT-1000MP from Gene several years ago and it has worked fine all these years. Every time I see Gene I ask him if the warranty is still in effect. :-)  Gene has always been , so far as I know, a honest seller.  Seeing so many positive comments here reinforces that.
N8CDW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2015, 07:12:48 PM »

I haven't know Gene a long time, but I've purchased a number of radios from him and everything has been as stated and more. Gene is a very nice person and went out of his way to help me. 

I will buy from Gene anytime he has something I'm interested in.

73's
Carl
N8CDW
N9AVY

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2016, 08:04:46 PM »

I've dealt with Gene in the past... my FT-1000MP is running great after all these years !   Have found Gene to be an honest ham.  Sounds like Murray is one of those Ebay types who are chronic complainers. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: