The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DX100, Swan, and other "missing" rigs  (Read 14124 times)
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2015, 07:48:41 AM »

There are still lots of Swans out there. The problem is they're difficult to find because they keep drifting around the bands.

"CQ 20 meters, CQ 20 meters. Oops, CQ 19 meters... no, wait, 18 meters!!!"
K3OCW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2015, 11:58:05 AM »

The Heathkit DX100 was a huge seller back in the days.  Swan produced thousands and thousands of various transceivers.  Yet both seem to have dropped out of sight:  seldom on the air, seldom offered for sale on eBay and elsewhere.  I suppose there are other brands/models that have similarly disappeared.  Interesting.

4 Swans here, 270B, 500CX, 700CX & HF 700S. At least 1 of the 4  is used daily. Those birds keep flying. And some do drift, but a decent warm up time, 20-30 minutes takes care of that.
Mike
WA8UEG

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2015, 03:01:47 PM »

Yea, DX100's, Rangers, as well as others are alive and well. Most can be heard on AM nets (AWA etc) or on CW. I made several contacts on the SKCC 40 meter CW frequency yesterday with my DX60/HG10. I cheat a bit using my FT1000MP as the receiver but looking for that perfect HQ170 or Mohawk.
AF6LJ

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2015, 03:28:14 PM »

The Heathkit DX100 was a huge seller back in the days.  Swan produced thousands and thousands of various transceivers.  Yet both seem to have dropped out of sight:  seldom on the air, seldom offered for sale on eBay and elsewhere.  I suppose there are other brands/models that have similarly disappeared.  Interesting.

Actually I run a Swan 500CX and a Swan 350 from time to time. They both work fine, all things considered. Just a side note, I only run them on 75 and 40, those who have owned Swans will understand why. Smiley
WA8UEG

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2015, 04:18:14 PM »

Actually I run a Swan 500CX and a Swan 350 from time to time. They both work fine, all things considered. Just a side note, I only run them on 75 and 40, those who have owned Swans will understand why. Smiley

Just loved the tuning on the Swan rigs. Really liked my old galaxy  GT550 with remote VFO I had way back when.
KG8LB

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2015, 04:29:39 AM »

I dont know about that Pete as the forums and bands seem to have a fair number of those below 40 involved in old gear....and even the various hybrids can be considered old and those seem to be more popular than ever.

Carl

Carl, when I see an extra class callsign holder asking about not seeing the glowing filament in a ceramic RF power tube, I have to wonder about the future of the boat anchor hobby. Sure, there is a lot of interest in boat anchors, but how many hams who are asking those questions are technically prepared to deal with those problems?

Pete

Yeah , you never hear or see idiotic acts or comments from general class ticket holders Wink  Or perhaps they are so common as to not rate as remarkable .
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2015, 05:03:45 PM »

Speak of the devil:

Click the pics to Seymour................................

KM1H

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2015, 11:09:27 AM »

Ahhh, the infamous Swan Two Drifty, the scourge of 6M. A few still have the nerve to use them.....even the slightly improved C model Roll Eyes
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2015, 01:04:06 PM »

And, did we notice how the 10/11 Meter Siltronix 'Comanche' attracted more than twice the coin of the Swan 250C... ?
I think that tells us which features at least one part of the market looks for in a vintage transceiver.  Forget the WARC bands, gimme' some freeband.

Now.........  If you want to watch some very serious bidding on a 60's vintage electronic kit not from Benton Harbor, click the pic to Seymour:

The bidding on this one took off like a scalded cat on March 30th with a 15 day window of opportunity.............   Shocked

G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2015, 03:05:35 PM »

OK Nelson.

The maxim of Phineas T. Barnum applies.....
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: