The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shelf recommendations?  (Read 22070 times)
KD8IIC

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2015, 01:38:49 AM »

Relay racks and rack shelving is plentiful on eBay. Many dealers, relay racks are rugged, priced right very easy to configure and change. Smiley
KE0ZU

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2015, 05:22:01 AM »

Hi Tom,

They are split between the two bigger (outer) holes.   I drilled the smaller holes, the O.D, of the deck screws I used, through both sides, then came back with the bigger drill on one side only, to allow the screw head and screw driver shaft through.   Used the band saw, to make them, took about 10 minutes to make a boat load of em.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 05:31:28 AM by KE0ZU » Logged

Regards, Mike
https://mikeharrison.smugmug.com/
Pics and bold print are usually links.
KD0REQ

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2015, 07:47:36 PM »

neat looming.  at this point, the desk at my Ham Cave is on a 2x4 frame with one center diagonal support to defeat drooping.  2-foot deep top of oak plywood is held out with 14 inches clearance from the wall.  underneath are sections of plastic lattice so cables can be dropped through or run along the lattice.  it provided enough room back of the testbench shelving for all the wall warts and power cords of the electrostuff, and power is switched from the side wall to that equipment.

the rest is stacked the accustomed foot high, but I am working through the projects.
K3GM

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2015, 04:39:27 AM »

Thanks for the great pix, Mike.  I had some leftover grey PVC from the last feedline burial project, so I cut it up on the neighbor's band saw.  I got a pile of them now for the back of my shelf.  Thanks for the tip!
N6BIZ

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2015, 04:36:18 AM »

STAIR TREADS...
K0JEG

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2015, 06:24:27 PM »

I wanted to get my speakers off the desk and closer to ear level, so I built a shelf supported by 1/2" threaded pipe and flanges. It looks OK panted with black texture paint and LED strip lights underneath, although maybe a little too "college dorm" for some.
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2015, 07:01:19 AM »

Some of you may think such is the case, however, although you may not aware of it, there is both a front, and a rear side to the bench, and the rear looks like this...

Sheesh, lighten up, Francis.  I was just asking the question, that's all.  

Nice organization, BTW.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 04:09:29 AM by K9MHZ » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: