The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LOTW Certificate Question  (Read 3231 times)
W2NLS

Ignore
« on: March 26, 2015, 09:08:16 PM »

I bought a second computer and decided that I want to run two different logging programs (one on each rig setup). The logging program (Ham Radio Deluxe) allows for quick uploading of log entries to LOTW. But it seems that I cannot get both computers having a valid certificate at the same time? For example if my Surface 3 is working on LOTW and then I go to my Asus and request a certificate I get sent the certificate and when I install it the Asus will work. But then when I go back to the Surface 3 the LOTW upload goes to LOTW servers but on the actual LOTW site it says the processing was aborted because the certificate was superseded. There has to be some way to get both computers LOTW-capable at the same time. No? Any ideas? Thanks.
AB2RC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 04:55:58 AM »

You need to use the same certificate.
Take whatever is the most recent certificate and copy it to the other computer.
W2NLS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 08:33:37 AM »

Using the same Tq6 certificate does not seem to work. If I try to do that then on the second computer I get an error message that no request for a certificate has been made. Apparently when an instance of TQSL has been used to upload a certificate request to LOTW that in the program's certificate window generates some file that shows up as your call letters with a banded red circle preceding your call which indicates the request and that that TQSL instance is waiting for a certificate. But every time you make a request from any TQSL instance that seems to generate a new Tq6 file which supersedes all older, installed ones. Does ANYone reading this have TQSL working on their one LOTW account from two different computers? How did you do it?Huh
N5MOA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 09:01:18 AM »

Does ANYone reading this have TQSL working on their one LOTW account from two different computers?

Yes, on 3 computers.

Quote from: W2NLS

How did you do it?Huh

I followed these directions verbatim:

https://lotw.arrl.org/lotw-help/multiple-computers/
W2NLS

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 09:41:17 AM »

Thank you! I somehow managed to miss that area of the online help. That should do it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: