The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KF0AF not a typical Ham  (Read 26324 times)
K9NRA

Ignore
« on: March 29, 2015, 09:15:03 PM »

Had a transaction with him  KF0AF Ray on ebay , auction # 151611246909,http://www.ebay.com/itm/151611246909 he bought a part, it had a crack in it and I promptly sent him funds back, paying all shipping and still got negative feedback. Really surprised me an amateur would leave negative feedback after the quick funds return . I have listed on ebay for more than 10 years and this was a first. I guess I can't count on all amateurs being good guys.
SOFAR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 07:30:34 AM »

Had a transaction with him  KF0AF Ray on ebay , auction # 151611246909,http://www.ebay.com/itm/151611246909 he bought a part, it had a crack in it and I promptly sent him funds back, paying all shipping and still got negative feedback. Really surprised me an amateur would leave negative feedback after the quick funds return . I have listed on ebay for more than 10 years and this was a first. I guess I can't count on all amateurs being good guys.

I don't see why you would count on all amateurs being good guys, people that attain an amateur license are still a cross section of society, albeit a small one.
K9NRA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 02:10:57 PM »

Basing the all hams on the narrow group I have known through the years, and you are right, most can be good and there still be a bad apple in the bunch.
KA5IPF

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 12:02:01 PM »

The bad mark is probably for selling a broken part not how you handled the replacement. 2 cents worth.
K9NRA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 04:08:25 PM »

That could be, but even after the transaction was refunded, he would not update the feedback. ebay recommended I email him, and he wasnt about to. I didnt know it was cracked or would have mentioned it, although when he mentioned it, I could see a crack in the pic when it was listed.
KA5IPF

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 09:31:30 PM »

I don't know about now but any time I have left feedback I get a warning that it cannot be changed or deleted. Never tried to though.
W4QG

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 05:10:34 PM »

It can be changed but you have to go through the process to do it.

For the original poster, don't sweat it, can't make everyone happy 100% of the time.
You handled it in an honorable way, rest easy. Believe me, you can not catch everything all of the time.
What may seem insignificant or trivial may not be to someone else. Although you are correct, hams are generally pretty understanding as a group.
(and this from someone who has sold literally 1000's of radios)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: