The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: cq cq this is kc4tvz wtf  (Read 15021 times)
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2019, 08:03:23 PM »

He seems to be on every single time the 10 meter band is open!  Makes you kind of wonder where the hams are, when he is coming in loud and clear on 14.425 while the rest of the band seems dead quiet!  How much power is this guy using?
ND6M

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2019, 06:24:41 AM »

He usually runs a desktop kilowatt into a pair of inverted Vee's 90 degrees offset from each other on a common feedpoint.

If you don't hear him on 10 meters, then he is probably harassing the Atlanta area truck drivers on CB ch 19 using the handle of "the 19 Kid".
N8YX

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2019, 10:33:40 AM »

If you don't hear him on 10 meters, then he is probably harassing the Atlanta area truck drivers on CB ch 19 using the handle of "the 19 Kid".
I find this to be a common pattern with various off-kilter hams - both from local and from anecdotal observations.
KOP

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2019, 09:59:17 PM »

I find this to be a common pattern with various off-kilter hams - both from local and from anecdotal observations.

REMEMBER THIS?

That was on 28.345 and I do jump around from 28.425 to 28.345 to 28.380 from time to time but DREAM ON people because 10-10 is NOT going to take my 10-10 number. They like collecting the membership dues as much from paying members as I do like collecting the 10-10 numbers....hi hi. They will sell anyone a 10-10 number, so they are just not going to do it.

It is to late for all that, anyway. I have been a 10-10 member since 1991 and already have most of the awards from 10-10. I have 5,100 10-10 contacts, already, working on 10,000...hi hi. Ten-Ten has gave me so much enjoyment over the years that I have even VOLUNTEERED my own time for 10-10. So what have you done lately to help out ?

The way I look at this is I OWN my 10-10 number because I paid for it in 1991and pay my dues every 3 years. It is my number to either give out or NOT. So folks should consider it an honor if I give it to them for a contact. I remember back in 1990s when I first was licensed that some long time hams told me that some hams would not even talk to me unless I went by their "Gentleman's agreements" So now I expect you newbies to go by my "Gentleman's Agreements" if you want a contact from me. Look, I had to learn 5WPM CW Morse Code to talk on 10 Meters, the least you newbie's can do is get a 10-10 number of you want a QSO with me...hi hi.

When I operate as an Individual the ONLY thing I am representing is me. Just because I am calling "CQ 10-10" to collect 10-10 numbers does NOT make me reflect on any club. Don't worry, you won't hear me on 6 meters or 20 meters or any other band anytime soon because 10 Meters is where it is at. So you have plenty of frequencies and bands to operate where you more than likely will NOT hear me. So go enjoy them and I will do things my way because that is exactly how I plan to do them, my way, hi hi.

73 KC4TVZ Todd

KC4TVZ, Apr 9, 2012

I considered a microwave oven magnetron and a 4' dish as a drone-killer. The ERP would be on the order of a hundred thousand watts or so. ~anon

November 28, 2018, 09:16:04 AM
N8YX

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2019, 08:27:41 AM »

As a ham on the edge of becoming a Grumpy Olde Phart(TM), I propose the creation of a new entity:

The "-10-100 Club".

That is, "Negative 10-100"...for those of us who don't give a...well, who are tired of liddish antics.

Feel free to hand out numbers, but don't forget the paperwork.
K3UIM

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2019, 11:42:04 AM »

Back in the 80's I purchased a CB rig, Took it apart, converted it to 10 meters, took it up to our fair grounds, parked x feet away from a large "parabolic antenna" looking wire mash fence, got on with a CQ and worked Caracas,(sp?) Ven, South America on the first try.
Then I took it home and it's still setting in the garage, unplugged and full of empty sun flower seed pods. (Blaster chipmunks!!)
Charlie, K3UIM

Where you are: I was!
Where I am: You will be!
So be nice to us old fogies!!
DL8OV

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2019, 11:55:35 PM »

"So folks should consider it an honor if I give it to them for a contact. I remember back in 1990s when I first was licensed that some long time hams told me that some hams would not even talk to me unless I went by their "Gentleman's agreements" So now I expect you newbies to go by my "Gentleman's Agreements" if you want a contact from me. Look, I had to learn 5WPM CW Morse Code to talk on 10 Meters, the least you newbie's can do is get a 10-10 number of you want a QSO with me"

Ummm, OK, if that is your attitude towards ham radio you might be calling CQ for a long time before anybody answers. Good luck.

Peter DL8OV

P.S. Like many hams on this site I was licenced WAY before the 1990's so that makes you a youngster surrounded by grownups.
K7MEM

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2019, 07:55:12 AM »

So now I expect you newbies to go by my "Gentleman's Agreements" if you want a contact from me. Look, I had to learn 5WPM CW Morse Code to talk on 10 Meters, the least you newbie's can do is get a 10-10 number of you want a QSO with me

When I was first licensed (1965), passing the 5 WPM test, and a quarter, would get you a cup of coffee. Now, you have to add a dollar, or more. I passed the 5, 13,  and 20 WPM tests to get to Extra. And I still can't get a cup of coffee for a quarter.

Martin - K7MEM
http://www.k7mem.com
K3UIM

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2019, 08:16:22 AM »

Back in the 80's I purchased a CB rig, Took it apart, converted it to 10 meters, took it up to our fair grounds, parked x feet away from a large "parabolic antenna" looking wire mash fence, got on with a CQ and worked Caracas,(sp?) Ven, South America on the first try.
Then I took it home and it's still setting in the garage, unplugged and full of empty sun flower seed pods. (Blaster chipmunks!!)
Charlie, K3UIM
I was sent a note asking about the cb rig so I checked it out. It is/was a Midland and I'd have to blast it with a hose to get it cleaned up. "Can we say, Fecal matter, pillow(?) stuffing, straw,(?) empty sunflower seeds, several pieces of cracked corn, etc? Aarrgghh! Hi. It'll be in tomorrows trash pick-up. (I'm sorry you had to ask!! LOL)
Charlie, K3UIM

K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2019, 12:04:25 PM »

My question is, "WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE EVEN DISCUSSING THIS?

These people are everywhere!  Walking on the streets, in stores, even in professional entities! Why should ham radio be any different?

Turn the dial and ignore this POS! That's the only way to respond.  Don't talk to him. Talking to him is his version of "wiggling the bait!"

A Pessimist is Never Disappointed!
KOP

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2019, 03:26:39 PM »

Charlie, K3UIM
I was sent a note asking about the cb rig so I checked it out. It is/was a Midland and I'd have to blast it with a hose to get it cleaned up. "Can we say, Fecal matter, pillow(?) stuffing, straw,(?) empty sunflower seeds, several pieces of cracked corn, etc? Aarrgghh! Hi. It'll be in tomorrows trash pick-up. (I'm sorry you had to ask!! LOL)
Charlie, K3UIM

Dag nabbit Charlie it could be collectable or at least an archaeological artifact!

I considered a microwave oven magnetron and a 4' dish as a drone-killer. The ERP would be on the order of a hundred thousand watts or so. ~anon

November 28, 2018, 09:16:04 AM
K3UIM

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2019, 07:32:55 PM »

K0P:
"Dag nabbit Charlie it could be collectable or at least an archaeological artifact!"
That's where it ended up: In the collectable container. Hi
Charlie, K3UIM

ND6M

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2019, 08:42:25 AM »

These people are everywhere!... edit...

Perhaps so other operators will learn to not emulate him.
K3UIM

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2019, 11:05:57 AM »

"Dag nabbit Charlie it could be collectable or at least an archaeological artifact!"
And besides: I resent that unfinished tid-bit!! We all know that if you're cussing someone out, the expression correctly is, "Dagnab it, Rabbit"!
There!! I have righteously ranted!! LOL
Charlie, K3UIM

N8YX

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2019, 01:52:34 PM »

These people are everywhere!... edit...

Perhaps so other operators will learn to not emulate him.
It's sorta like this:

Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: