The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Headset options for ICOM IC-2300  (Read 6260 times)
KC0ZOS

Ignore
« on: April 03, 2015, 10:41:10 PM »

Seems like the sounds emanating from my radio and out my radio room is not what my wife and daughter like to hear.
So I`ve tried to look up headsets that might work with my rig, but not coming up with much.
Is it because of the functions the stock mic has on them?
Anyone know any headset/mic`s that would work?
I`d even work with the idea of just a headset but still use my stock mic. Hooked my Beats headphone up to the external speaker jack but only get one channel to work. Better than nothing, but I`d still like to have stereo if possible.
M0GVZ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 08:30:21 AM »

Does the Icom use an electret mic or a dynamic mic? If its an electret mic and you're using a dynamic mic you need to use a DC blocking capacitor on the mic pins to block the DC power for the electret mic element.

For stereo headset get a mono male jack, a stereo female jack, some 2 core cable and make your own shorting the "live" pins on the female jack.
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 01:07:52 PM »

It uses the HM-133 Electrec condenser mic as I recall, and it should have nothing to do with receive audio. The speaker jack is a standard 4Ω, 3.5 mm. The only problem I can see is the need to use a headset with a built in volume control, least you blow out your ears!

If you need to use a headset with a built in mic, you're limited to just the one Heil sells. Personally, I don't like it but you might.

KC0ZOS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 07:46:59 AM »

If you need to use a headset with a built in mic, you're limited to just the one Heil sells. Personally, I don't like it but you might.

Which one would that be?
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 11:15:53 AM »

Take your pick: http://www.heilsound.com/amateur/products/headsets

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: