The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New ham loosing interest really fast.  (Read 132545 times)
AA2UK

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2018, 06:56:21 AM »

Not a single response from Matt after 4 plus pages.......
Bill, AA2UK
K6CPO

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2018, 01:08:12 PM »

Bill, AA2UK

You realize the original post was made almost three years ago, right?
AC7CW

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2018, 05:45:35 PM »

Bill, AA2UK

You realize the original post was made almost three years ago, right?

You beat me to it... not to mention that the troll that started the thread made two posts and went away, couldn't spell "losing", etc...

Novice 1958, 20WPM Extra now... (and get off my lawn)
N9VO

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2018, 04:52:33 AM »

I'm betting that Mattj and this thread was started by the Russians!!!

Not everyone is meant to be a ham.
N0YG

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2018, 05:54:53 AM »

I remember just starting out and like one ham has said, All I has was a HT and I did use the repeater, that was all I could afford at the time. The HT was a new Radio Shack 2 meter and cost I think $80 which was a lot then. As I got into ham radio the more the cost was something else. I never thought about the equipment cost and if I had been smart enough to research it, I would have dropped it like a hot potato. So MATT, you should probably figure out what part of HAM radio really interests him and do that because now 30+ yrs later 2 meter repeater operation still sucks for the most part and still has ELITIST or A$$ holes on the freq. and the price of equipment is SKY HIGH. There is a lot that could be said about repeaters good and bad but I will probably get a ton of crap for what I have already said. GOOD LUCK MATT.
P.S. I know used equipment is an option.
K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2018, 07:26:53 AM »

I remember just starting out and like one ham has said, All I has was a HT and I did use the repeater, that was all I could afford at the time. The HT was a new Radio Shack 2 meter and cost I think $80 which was a lot then. As I got into ham radio the more the cost was something else. I never thought about the equipment cost and if I had been smart enough to research it, I would have dropped it like a hot potato. So MATT, you should probably figure out what part of HAM radio really interests him and do that because now 30+ yrs later 2 meter repeater operation still sucks for the most part and still has ELITIST or A$$ holes on the freq. and the price of equipment is SKY HIGH. There is a lot that could be said about repeaters good and bad but I will probably get a ton of crap for what I have already said. GOOD LUCK MATT.
P.S. I know used equipment is an option.

Huh?  Cost of equipment is sky high?  Uh no.  Ham radio equipment has never been as modestly priced as today.  For example your $80 HT back then can now be replace with an equivalent for about $25 in TODAYS dollars.  So yes the price of of that HT is several times cheaper now.  Also the most popular HF radio today the IC7300 based upon sales numbers.  AT $1149 now and was on sale for Christmas for $999 including shipping, I would say it is quite a bargain.  Lest you think I am Just an Icom fan, Yaesu and Kenwood also have transceivers that offer more value for less money than anything offered 10 or 20 years ago.

More radio, less money.  That's the way I see it for radios purchased today.  Please show me I am wrong.
AC7CW

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2018, 10:17:09 AM »

The thread title with "loosing" in it... I keep seeing that every time I come to eham and it bothers me... I try and I try to tell people it's "losing", I mean... I've done this for decades now, all over the internet and I'm a little exhausted maybe,  but there it is, another "looser"... I guess I just have to try to be more tolerant towards the grammar/spelling challenged posters. I'll work on that... I hope I never encounter a "LOOSER", I mean, wow, all caps and spelling challenged! Might be more than I can handle, not sure where I would go from there, seriously...

PU2OZT

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2018, 10:58:04 AM »

...not sure where I would go from they're seriously...
there at it, mispelling, each day that passes, hurting french or portuguese languages each week even more, not even the slightest clue. However, German language remains immune and I guess, maybe, russian too?
Too bad eHam do not correct titles, would be easier to find out, later, a thread that could be of some interest.

Oliver     
AC7CW

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2018, 04:04:42 PM »

...not sure where I would go from they're seriously...
there at it, mispelling, each day that passes, hurting french or portuguese languages each week even more, not even the slightest clue. However, German language remains immune and I guess, maybe, russian too?
Too bad eHam do not correct titles, would be easier to find out, later, a thread that could be of some interest.

Oliver     

It's a problem!! Some people are capable of change, maybe only after they hit rock bottom though...

Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: