The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quick CW TX  (Read 3359 times)
VE3LYX

Ignore
« on: April 07, 2017, 07:38:45 PM »

After finishing the Pine Board Build AM transmitter from Ham Nation show I decided a CW only trans was needed as well. I  had a 9 pin socket and a spare 12bh7a so I found a dual gang tuning cap and whipped up a push pull rockbound tx. I built it yesterday afternoon and fired it up today. First call got a reply. K4WOP Jim. Sure is fun the homebrew suff
D
AK0B

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 12:00:10 AM »

the true ham spirt.  That was the way the old novice bands operated back in the 50s,  we used tubes out of junked radios and as much voltage we could get.  Had a lot of fun and numerous contacts.  Back then 6L6G were used in most of the old radios and the supply of them  was unlimited.  Main thing was to use a 200 to 300 ohm resistor in the cathode line.   

Today I use 2N3904 and parallel them with a one to four ohm resistor in the emitter lead. 

Radio is not as complex as many make it out to be.   A old light blub makes a fine dummy load.  A pine board makes a fine chassis and a hunk of wire is always an antenna.

and any resistor within 20 percent of the value you need will work in the circuit.  Its a hobby have fun. 

Stan AK0B  still on CW -- 62 years come this June.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: