The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple II software  (Read 8706 times)
KB8ASO

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2015, 10:16:26 AM »

If you look out on archive.org you will find many archives of older computer programs for obsolete computer operating systems and not just Apple II.  Cheesy

Many programs are in danger of being lost forever esp. specialized software like amateur radio software. The disks are getting older and many have not been stored under "ideal" conditions.  Many will be lost when a ham becomes a silent key as disks are not seen as having any value and are discarded.  It is the current feeling by many in the classic computer community that the old software be uploaded to an archive even without permission of the author to preserve the computer code for the future.   If the author is known or the company still exists of course they should be contacted to request permission to archive the program and make it freely available.  Many will gladly allow the programs to be uploaded since their commercial value is long past.

If you have ham radio software for the Apple II or MSDOS on 5 1/4" floppies or 3.5" diskettes that you would like to upload and no longer have the computer to read them I am willing to help.  I have both an Apple IIe and a IIc Plus that I can use to make Apple image files and a PC with 5 1/4" and 3.5" for MSDOS to upload this software to archive.org.

Thanks,
Randy AB9GO

Randy.ab9go@gmail.com

I wrote several Apple II logging, CW sending, and RTTY applications when I was in high school circa 1985-1986.

No chance of finding them on "the net" :-) but if I'm very lucky there may still be 5.25" floppies at my parent's house.

Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: