The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FT-8500 direct frequency entry and "C" button PL tone encoding...  (Read 1907 times)
KA4LFP

Ignore
« on: June 06, 2015, 07:50:07 PM »

Hi all -

Not sure this is the right forum, since I don't know if this is a howto question or an 'its broken' question.

I have a newly aquired FT-8500, with the MH-39 mic, not the infamous 'potato' mic
and a freshly downloaded (somewhat badly scanned) PDF of the manual.

After reading the manual carefully, it seems like you should be able to directly enter a frequency
straight from power-up, without being in any particular "mode" (vfo or memory)

I cannot seem to do the direct entry of a frequency, nor can I push the "C" button and get the active PL tone shown (the radio does have the PL board installed)
I can dial up frequencies with the A and B button (Mhz) and the buttons on top of the mic (Khz), so I know the A/B buttons work, and I can enable the ENC mode using "D" + "1/Tone"

I have done the full CPU reset and the MH-39 reset, but that doesn't make any difference.

Radio does transmit and receive normally on any set frequency, all DTMF tones work for all 16 keys (so it's not a bad mic key)

Is there something wrong with the radio, or am I just not following the directions quite well enough to get a frequency entered via digits or the "C" PL setup done just right?

Thanks in advance for any advice FT-8500 users or others may have...

73, KA4LFP
KA4LFP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 01:27:47 PM »

Wow --- I either asked a question that _no one_ knows anything about  Shocked

or I asked in the wrong forum for this type of question...
 Smiley

Should I re-post this in some other eHam forum, or just wait to see if someone has any ideas?

73, Tim
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: