The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone have detailed schematics for an OM Power OM2500A?  (Read 3384 times)
KW4CQ

Ignore
« on: June 26, 2015, 03:43:51 AM »

Although my amp is still under factory warranty there may come a day when I will need to get under the hood to make repairs myself.  The simplified diagrams that come with the amp's operating manual are inadequate for this purpose.  Has anyone been able to obtain a full and complete set of schematics and parts list for the OM200A?  Are such available for purchase from OM Power?

Thanks,
Bob KW4CQ
W1QJ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 03:52:48 AM »

I tried Bob but I could not find any detailed ones.  That is not to say they can't be obtained. 
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 08:28:36 AM »

Lou,

That's an interesting and rather different point about Acom. Detailed circuit diagrams are not supplied in the manual but it states in there that they are available on demand from the dealer or the factory. They were - arriving about 20 minutes after sending the email request.

Peter G3RZP
KD0REQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 09:30:53 AM »

they are probably checking the email against the list of registered owners.  IMPHO that's an acceptable practice while they are in production.  if they collapse, the schematic should be put into the public domain.

this slows down rampant piracy of their engineering.  but any sneak who buys an amp and then asks for the schematics is only slowed, and frankly, they're going to buy an amp anyway to check fit  and component properties.

WX0B

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 11:33:02 AM »

Schematics are available for the OM Power amplifiers to any of our customers, no problem.

I just sent them to Bob.  These are great amplifiers check them out.
Jay, WX0B
Array Solutions
K6AER

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 11:01:30 PM »

I see this over and over again on E-Ham. Owners of technical devices such as amplifiers are always asking for help for schematics or repairs from the ham population but do not contact the manufacturers and or the distributers. This is not a secret or a proprietary issue. Any competent engineer can reverse engineer a product.  Jay at Array Solutions will bend over backwards to help a fellow ham and customer.

Call the manufacture first.
KW4CQ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 05:10:02 AM »

I see this over and over again on E-Ham. Owners of technical devices such as amplifiers are always asking for help for schematics or repairs from the ham population but do not contact the manufacturers and or the distributers. This is not a secret or a proprietary issue. Any competent engineer can reverse engineer a product.  Jay at Array Solutions will bend over backwards to help a fellow ham and customer.

Call the manufacture first.

Oh!:o  Thanks for the admonishing remarks.Angry

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: