The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DX Engineering quality products.  (Read 11611 times)
KJ4GIH

Ignore
« on: June 26, 2015, 04:00:21 AM »

I have made several purchases from DX Engineering and have been very pleased with the form and function of their products. Their products so far have been all first quality and with no problems or errors in shipping the items ordered.

KJ4GIH/8
AB4D

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 07:37:50 AM »

Over the past several years, I have made multiple purchases from DX Engineering. Customer service has been very good and shipping is super fast. I usually receive my order in 1 or 2 days at the most.  I try to purchase from them when I can if their listed pricing is comparable.

Once, I tried to use their price matching policy on a LDG DM-990 meter advertised for less cost on Cheapham.com.  DX Engineering claimed the meter was not new but a refurb, therefore price matching was not applicable.  However, I confirmed that was not the case, and the item was in fact a brand new item. Instead of arguing the point with them, it was easier to purchase it from the other vendor.

Yesterday, I was checking prices for a vertical antenna (Comet CX-333). I wanted to purchase from DX Engineering. However, HRO had the same antenna for nearly $20 dollars less.  Rather than go through the same fiasco, trying to get DX Engineering to price match, it was easier to just purchase the entire order (antenna and coax) from HRO, and that order will be delivered today.

73, Jim AB4D
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 02:10:58 AM by AB4D » Logged
W0BKR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 09:37:59 AM »

I can only say that I have purchased items from DXE from time and time and always find the quality outstanding and the pricing very affordable.  When I have a technical question, they always answer me, faster then the radio manufacturers do.  I would do business with them any day.   HRO is also likewise a good vendor/supplier.  No issues with either...
W6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 04:49:02 PM »

Last week I was putting together a Cushcraft R-9 vertical antenna. Halfway through I found a part missing ( 7/8 by 16" tube ) . I called and spoke with someone at DXE and he had the part shipped overnight to my address, I had it in my hand by 10:30 the next morning!

Customer service does not get any better than this.
KG9SF

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 09:31:27 AM »

DXE seems to be a first class operation.  Easy to talk to and few or no mistakes.  Wish all vendors were this good.
KJ4RFX

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 01:52:27 PM »

I've done business with DX a few times and they have always been great to deal with.  Their prices aren't always the lowest, but they're usually competitive and their customer service is second to none.
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2015, 08:18:57 PM »

Every DX Engineering product I have purchased is well engineered and beautifully made.  You get what you pay for is true.
K9SQG

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2015, 09:27:16 AM »

I've been buying from DXEngineering for decades.  Baluns, chokes, tools, coax, window line, antenna parts, etc. etc. and have had no complaints, totally satisfied with their products and service.  They answer emails promptly, are cordial and efficient on the phone, provide great technical articles online (e.g. W8JI on baluns), and ship products rapidly and very, very well packed.  They are A1 in my book and I've not had any bad experiences with them.  Customer service means something to me, cost is not the only factor when I make a purchase.  They are easy to talk with on the phone or at Hamvention. Smiley   Besides, "I'm too poor to buy cheap!" as somebody once said.

Evan, K9SQG

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: