The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GPSIII+ with a Kenwood TM-D700A  (Read 11608 times)
WD9FMB

Ignore
« on: October 03, 2001, 09:49:33 PM »

Has anyone tried using a GPSIII+ with a TM-D700A ?  Would be interested in any pointers that you could give.  The radio should be delievered sometime this week.

Fritz
WD9FMB
KG4OFW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2001, 08:50:06 PM »

I know that many people have used this combo.  I've found the HTAPRS discussion forum at www.tapr.org very helpful with any questions concerning the D700 or D7.  The main focus of the discussion involves APRS topics and the type of question you have mentioned.  I hope you find that useful.  As for me, I just need to find a GPSIII+ that works.  One I recently purchased and returned would power up for only a few seconds and then go blank.  So I don't have any experience in using this GPS with the Kenwood radios.

73's -Collins
WD9FMB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2001, 08:42:53 AM »

Update on my previous post....the D700A and the Garmin GPSIII+ are working grear together.  Easy hook up.  The D700A is very easy to program, all menus are very clear and logical.  This set up is very good and allowed me to get on APRS very quickly.

The suggestion of going to the TAPR site was very good.  I would recommend viewing that site first.

Fritz
WD9FMB
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: