The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the THRILL in APRS???  (Read 116458 times)
KD4EXS

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2018, 07:54:05 AM »

If you travel, hearing the APRS bursts is a great way to meet people on simplex.  I find that people will sometimes not reply in a repeater, but they will on simplex.  I love APRS when I am mobile.
KA9CQL

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2019, 04:33:06 PM »

I am using APRS to provide two-way communications between groundstations and high-altitude balloon (HAB)flights. Anyone in the world will be able to "check in" to our airborne "digipeater in the sky" and receive a QSL via email with the exact location above the earth the payload was when they checked in.

Great STEM value, plus the guy I was inspired by (Don, KJ6FO) got me and other groups of people started in HAB experiments using these types of ideas. We are in California, some are in Missouri and Kentucky. Soon to be even wider!!

Thrills come from the heart, not from the head. But if you use your head you will find your heart often follows!

'73 from the sky (via APRS)
- Mike
  KA9CQL
K4FMH

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2019, 08:00:51 AM »

This is a late comment. I use APRS every day, manage several digipeater and an iGate. The OP asked what is the THRILL in APRS? My take is that it’s the same thrill found in a crystal set. It’s radio!
W0CKI

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2019, 03:31:34 PM »

Grin Maybe it's to justify the money spent. I think it's useless.
N4SRN

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2019, 06:31:15 PM »

Thrill? It’s a radio. We get thrills from Instagrams, Tweets, and Snapchats now. Radio is just a fun hobby.

Bret/N4SRN
Bedford, NH  USA
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: