The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio noise at my new QTH--loudest at night on 40 meters  (Read 7122 times)
WA4ZYN

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2015, 02:23:21 PM »

"Can you hear this with a different antenna? A portable receiver? Your car radio?"

N9BH:  I just found one of your posts that I had not responded to. . .I only have the one antenna so far, so that is still to be determined. . .

I can hear it with my Elecraft K1 on battery power, but yes, on that same antenna. 

I do not find it on my car radio. . .

That has me thinking of hauling down my dipole now. . .Thanks for the idea.  I just tuned in 40 meters, and it's very noisy right now.  It is very windy here today, with approaching thunderstorms.

Francis WA4ZYN
FMARINO22

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2015, 06:39:32 AM »

Had similar problem listening on 40 and 80. Finally traced it to plasma televisions. These tv's were actually in my own home. Bad in the evening because evening was the only time tv's were on. Replaced with LCD tv's and noise was gone
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2015, 07:00:14 AM »

I have finally gotten my shack on the air at my new QTH, and find I have loud radio noise...
Check out:

http://nk7z.net/rfi-now/

This is part I of a three part series on how to deal with RFI I am putting together...  Hope it helps!

Thanks,
Dave
Amateur Radio: RFI help, Reviews, Setup information, and more...
https://www.nk7z.net
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: