The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DX Keeper WAS Status  (Read 3215 times)
N4DCT

Ignore
« on: October 08, 2015, 12:54:36 PM »

DX Keeper will update and show QSO's for all awards EXCEPT for WAS.  It shows as if I haven't worked any states at all.  Any ideas?
W1VT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 04:23:28 PM »

In my log, that info is hit or miss--sometimes it ends up in the rcvd field when importing a contest log or I enter it into the Qth field manually.

In practice, I use LoTW to keep track of states--print out a list and fill in the paper QSLs manually.

Zack W1VT
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 05:57:22 PM »

DX Keeper will update and show QSO's for all awards EXCEPT for WAS.  It shows as if I haven't worked any states at all.  Any ideas?

Pick a logged QSO with a US station. Does this QSO's State field specify a state?

Dave, AA6YQ
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 06:03:05 PM by AA6YQ » Logged

#1 DXCC Honor Roll, DXCC Challenge 3000
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 06:02:14 PM »

In my log, that info is hit or miss--sometimes it ends up in the rcvd field when importing a contest log or I enter it into the Qth field manually.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the rcvd field". A QSO's US State should be placed in its State field. If you have multiple QSOs for which this information is missing, you can direct DXKeeper to perform callbook lookups on those QSOs en masse.

In practice, I use LoTW to keep track of states--print out a list and fill in the paper QSLs manually..

When you invoke DXKeeper's "Sync LoTW QSLs" operation, information from new confirmations will update your logged QSOs; for example, if your QSO partner specified a US State, your logged QSO will be updated accordingly.

Dave, AA6YQ

N4DCT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 04:48:46 AM »

I do sync it with LOTW and also EQSL. Yes the states are there but nothing shows up.  Completely baffled.
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 08:47:58 AM »

I do sync it with LOTW and also EQSL. Yes the states are there but nothing shows up.  Completely baffled.

ARRL WAS awards require all QSOs to be made from locations within 50 miles of each other. If you've defined more than one "my QTH" in DXKeeper, you must indicate which of those "my QTHs" are valid for WAS awards. Have you defined more than one "my QTH"?

If you place your log file in a zip archive, attach it to an email message, and send it to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

I'll be able to see exactly what's going on.

Dave, AA6YQ

N4DCT

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2015, 10:16:38 AM »

I'll shoot it to you tonight. And no, I only have 1 QTH.
N4DCT

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2015, 07:12:03 PM »

Dave was able to help me figure it out. We had to uncheck the QRP box in the configuration panel so the software wasn't looking for specific TX Power fields.  Worked like a charm.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: