The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows 10 SP1 released today  (Read 59998 times)
KK4GGL

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2015, 05:27:44 AM »

Some like MJR are afraid of change or things they do not understand.  

You just can't stop can you? You have no idea if anyone is afraid, much less what they are afraid of.

Rick KK4GGL
WW7KE

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2015, 08:06:48 AM »

Another performance boost was to spend the $100 and upgrade to Win10 Pro.  I need virtual machines, and VMWare & Virtualbox won't run on the Home edition.
I run Oracle's Virtual Box (ver 5) on Win 10 Home (64 bit), no problem at all.

73 Dave

Hmmmm.....  I got both VirtualBox and VMWare to install on 10Home, but neither would run.  I tried the 32- and 64-bit versions of each, with the same results.  That was the main reason I upgraded to 10Pro, but not the only one.  This laptop seems faster after the upgrade.  No issues so far with the latest update, either.

He speaks fluent PSK31, in FT8...  One QSO with him earns you 5BDXCC...  His Wouff Hong has two Wouffs... Hiram Percy Maxim called HIM "The Old Man..."  He is... The Most Interesting Ham In The World!
N0IU

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2015, 09:04:29 AM »

Just gotta love the MS app store adverts they slipped into the start menu!

Sadly this is true....

What is so sad about this? How naïve are you?

Maybe you're not aware of this, but Microsoft is a very much for profit company. They make money by selling things. That's how capitalism works! How do you think Bill Gates became the richest man in the world? And if not THE richest man, I don't remember a time when he wasn't in the top 2 or 3 richest.

They own the operating system so why shouldn't they use it to promote other areas of business?

Get a clue!
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2015, 10:05:51 AM »

You just can't stop can you? You have no idea if anyone is afraid, much less what they are afraid of.

GGL you are in same boat as him. (actually you are in a league of your own)  Once a troll always a troll.... You never offer anything of real value but love to attack what you do not understand to try feel better about yourself. So sad...

--------------------------------------
Ham since 1969....  Old School 20wpm REAL Extra Class..
G8YMW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2015, 10:09:31 AM »

Just gotta love the MS app store adverts they slipped into the start menu!

Sadly this is true....

What is so sad about this? How naïve are you?

Maybe you're not aware of this, but Microsoft is a very much for profit company. They make money by selling things. That's how capitalism works! How do you think Bill Gates became the richest man in the world? And if not THE richest man, I don't remember a time when he wasn't in the top 2 or 3 richest.

They own the operating system so why shouldn't they use it to promote other areas of business?

Get a clue!
Bill Gates didn't need adverts. Perhaps that is what is going wrong at Microsoft now
Show me anybody that likes adverts (Apart from companies being paid to show them)
I'm that sick of adverts and spammers that I will not answer our landline

73 de Tony
Windows 10:  Making me profane since March 2017
G8YMW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2015, 10:14:35 AM »

GGL you are in same boat as him. (actually you are in a league of your own)  Once a troll always a troll.... You never offer anything of real value but love to attack what you do not understand to try feel better about yourself. So sad...

Kettles, frying pans, John
When are you going to offer anything of real value, I for one am sick of the patronising, browbeating and sales speak coming from you. Its about time you stopped following the shill newsfeeds and widened your horizons

73 de Tony
Windows 10:  Making me profane since March 2017
N0IU

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2015, 02:15:47 PM »

Bill Gates didn't need adverts.

Didn't need adverts?

Perhaps you have heard of companies such as General Motors, Ford, Chrysler, McDonalds, Coca-Cola and Anheuser-Bush to name just a few. These are all household names around the globe. Why? Advertising! Are you saying that once a company reaches a certain size that they no longer need to advertise? You are even more naïve than W8JX! These multi-billion dollar global corporations spend billions of dollars every year on advertising because they get some benefit from it. Are you telling me that you know more about running a multi-billion dollar global corporation than these companies?

Perhaps that is what is going wrong at Microsoft now

Precisely what is wrong with Microsoft now?

Show me anybody that likes adverts (Apart from companies being paid to show them)

Companies do not advertise for your entertainment. The advertise to increase their business.

I'm that sick of adverts and spammers that I will not answer our landline

Good plan! We got rid of our landline years ago and don't miss it one bit.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 11:43:51 AM by N0IU » Logged
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2015, 08:53:34 AM »

Kettles, frying pans, John
When are you going to offer anything of real value, I for one am sick of the patronising, browbeating and sales speak coming from you. Its about time you stopped following the shill newsfeeds and widened your horizons

Perhaps you should read a little yourself. I read a lot of tech streams that never make it to normal news channels. But for some unless it is on face book or some public distribution in front of their face they dismiss it as fantasy because they simply thinks its not true. BTW Intel just announced a new family of 6, 8 & 10 core CPU's that can support 12, 16 or 20 threads at same time with up to a 25 meg on die cache. Bet that's fantasy too huh.

Technology changes and you change with it or cry about having to change as many do here..... It is funny how computer and radio illiterate some hams are which tells you kinda how low standards are for licensing is these days. There was a time when when you were a extra you were at top of game so to speak. 
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 10:54:45 AM by W8JX » Logged

KK4GGL

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2015, 10:56:18 AM »

Aha HAh ahha HA ha aha HA ha aha HA ahhaha ha...
Oh, you were serious?
Aha HAh ahha HA ha aha HA ha aha HA ahhaha ha ...

Rick KK4GGL
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2015, 05:10:18 AM »

Oh, you were serious?

Yes a troll to the bone you are.......

KK4GGL

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2015, 05:57:23 AM »

Oh, you were serious?

Hey, I'm not the one claiming I can read people's thoughts.

Rick KK4GGL
N0IU

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2015, 06:08:26 AM »

Wow, I am learning so much about Windows 10 from the real experts on this topic!

OZ8AGB

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2015, 06:32:06 AM »

Oh, you were serious?

Wow, a clairvoyant radio amateur.... Why use radio at all then??  Roll Eyes Grin
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2015, 09:12:28 AM »

Oh, you were serious?

With a troll like you there is no thoughts to read as you follow a habit/pattern which is very predicable and easy to predict.

KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2015, 10:10:17 AM »

Bill Gates didn't need adverts.

Didn't need adverts?

Perhaps you have heard of companies such as General Motors, Ford, Chrysler, McDonalds, Coca-Cola and Anheuser-Bush to name just a few. These are all household names around the globe. Why? Advertising! Are you saying that once a company reaches a certain size that they no longer need to advertise? You are even more naïve than W8JX! These multi-billion dollar global corporations spend billions of dollars every year on advertising because they get some benefit from it. Are you telling me that you know more about running a multi-billion dollar global corporation than these companies?

Of course they did not need to advertise.  Are there advertisements in Win7?
They need to advertise because they are giving away the OS for free.  The only reason they are doing that is because Win8 was such a disaster that they figure that "Free" is the only way they will get Win7 owners to upgrade.    As usual with Microsoft they once again got it wrong, people are already starting to get upset about the adds and soon the hackers will patch them out.  Also others are going back to Win7.   We just cleaned off one of our new Dell Win10 PC's and installed Win7 on it because we had no way of guaranteeing any kind of security under Win10.   The dam thing is opening up ports and sending out data constantly.

“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.”  (Mark Twain)
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: