The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recommend app for audio files  (Read 3381 times)
KD1I

Ignore
« on: December 12, 2015, 10:36:04 AM »

I realize that this is not strictly a ham radio issue but I'm sure there is a lot of knowledge out there and someone who can help me. I had audio files on my PC that played just fine on Windows 7 with the Microsoft default player.
Now that I upgraded to Windows 10, it uses "Groove Music" which is not only confusing but only plays one 'cut' at a time. It will not play all songs in a given folder in serial fashion.
Adobe has recommended no longer using their Flash Player for security reasons so what is a good way to play these? Some are MP3 files and some are Huh??   who knows.  Huh 

Many Thanks and 73, Jim
WW7KE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 10:58:23 AM »

Try Audacious.  It's a replacement/successor for the old WinAmp for Windows and XMMS for Linux.

Download page for the latest version (3.7, 32-bit only) is here:  http://audacious-media-player.org/download

He speaks fluent PSK31, in FT8...  One QSO with him earns you 5BDXCC...  His Wouff Hong has two Wouffs... Hiram Percy Maxim called HIM "The Old Man..."  He is... The Most Interesting Ham In The World!
KD1I

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 07:53:25 PM »

Thank you, Keith. I will try that. I appreciate the fast answer.         Merry Christmas and 73, Jim
N0IU

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 12:09:58 AM »

As unconventional as it might sound, you might want to consider using iTunes even if you don't have any Apple mobile devices. It plays just about every format including MP3s.
KD1I

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 06:57:18 AM »

Thanks, Scott.     Would I just do a web search for iTunes?      Would this be compatible with my Windows 10?   Sorry if this seems rather basic.     73, Jim
KD1I

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2015, 07:25:14 AM »

OK, I answered my own question.    It really was easy to download and install and it is free.   Now I'm learning to create a 'playlist' and it seems to do just what I need without a lot of fanfare or nonsense.    Love it!

Thanks, Scott.    73, Jim
N0IU

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2015, 07:33:00 AM »

Good thing I checked my mail before posting my response!

Good luck!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: