The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ft 2200 Dead on Arrival  (Read 3624 times)
KC5MTX

Ignore
« on: December 24, 2015, 08:32:02 PM »

I got my tech in the 1990s. I was actlve in Skywarn for several years in West Texas.  I moved and generally dropped out of HAM radio.  I left my radion in my truck with the power supply and antenna disconnect.  TEN YEARS LATER.  I upgrade to General.  I decide to put the 2 meter back on the air.  It is absolutely dead.  No response from either the truck or from and external power supply and antenna.  The radio if an FT 2200 by Yeasu.  Any suggestions on who to sent it to, or checks I can do.  I have an oscilloscope and multiple HTs that work on VHF.  All suggestions are appreciated.

KC5MTX

I have blown the dust out.  The power cord is producing the right power.  The radio shows no signs of life  That my be a sign!
  Contact me here or at wcljr407@gmail.com
K9YLI

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 07:08:45 AM »

get a copy of the schematic. start with a volt meter at the  power cord input.
follow the power until it disappears...   a totally dead radio is much easier to trouble shoot than a
partially working one.

there is no magic  'guess' as to what is wrong.   If i had one it would be  the  power on switch is
failing, as it has not worked in 10 years.  first  SWAG  would be  flick the switch  of and on at least a dozen times. 
lthere is not  substitute for actual  trouble shooting..

N4ATS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2015, 10:12:37 AM »

You can send it to me if you wish...

www.N4ATS.com

Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: