The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ALS-1306 vs Al-1500 down to a decision  (Read 31657 times)
KK4YDR

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2016, 06:43:12 PM »

Only THP I have is an HL 50B and it is a very very nice QRP amplifier. Does 11 meters too cha cha ... but I hate CB radio with a passion.
KM1H

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2016, 03:02:09 PM »

The amp really makes a difference,  period.  In my experience the amp is needed more on the low bands, 80 and 160 the most. 

It helps on 40m too especially during the day when absorption is higher and ranges are reduced. I have had many day time QSO's pushing the range limits of 40m that would not of been possible without a amp on both ends. One other benefit of a amp on these bands is it can limit QRM in that sometimes higher power signal will crowd in near your frequency but if you have some power they usually keep a little more distance because they have to a harder time rejecting your signal if it is stronger.

One of the most impressive signals I have heard on 40m was barefoot but they had a approx 9 verticals in a phased array too.
\

I used to have fun on 40 when I had the 4/4 KLM's up. Could use top bottom or both and independently rotatable. Drove a few of the jammer idiots on the band nuts when Id play with the phasing and aiming to reduce their noise below the station I was working on RX and then blow right thru on TX. In contests on 40-10 Id often run EU on one or pair of antennas and the others were aimed rearward to "discourage" crowding, poaching, etc
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: