The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Suggestions on a Radio - Question from a Non-Hobbiest Wife  (Read 17405 times)
K5WLR

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2016, 05:54:24 PM »

One other thing, if he can find proof of having previously been licensed, he can obtain a license at his old class level by passing the Element 2 Exam and presenting proof of his old license. This can be his old license, or proof of previous licensure. There are several sources here on the Internet that provide this service.

Hope you find this helpful

Will Rogers
K5WLR
N6XJP

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2016, 06:23:32 AM »

Janet...can you tell us what part of the country you are in...or even which country.  I would be delighted to come by and see about setting up a station for him!  I even have an old TS 440 that might be good for him...and see about helping him study for his new license ( and YOU too should get a license).  I have done this for others and would be glad to help.  Also,search the ARRL site for local clubs that might want to help. 

We can do this! You can do this!  HE can do this!

Dave
N6XJP
KJ6ZOL

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2016, 11:53:17 AM »

The R75 has just been discontinued. The new examples out there will probably be snapped up quick. You can get a decent older ham-level tabletop receiver for a few hundred bucks on ebay. I was poking around ebay a couple days ago, and it seems that there are 3 or 4 main brands: Kenwood, Icom, Realistic/Radio Shack, and Heathkit. If hubby doesn't want a digital frequency display you can get an analog receiver for less. I agree that he should look into getting his license back. Most hams won't sell him a transceiver unless he can show them a license. You can also look around the ham rig swap sites, the best is swap.qth.com. You can try qrz.com but that board is full of Nigerian scammers.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: