The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Post your SW loggings!  (Read 6170 times)
K9RZZ

Ignore
« on: March 22, 2016, 08:48:38 PM »

Okay, I went back a year and a half and didn't see a place to post current loggings, so put 'em here! Easy, hard, rare, or daily ... boast what you're hearing.

I have found the Brazilians to be knocking my socks off this past week. Usually just one station at a time, but there have been some big signals out of South America. Radio: Icom R75 and 20 meter vertical dipole. Location: Southern Wisconsin.

4875khz Radio Difusora Roraima, Boa Vista, Brasil. 0320z. VG S9 with EZ music and some American 80's tunes. Only Brasilian audible.

4885khz Radio Clube' 0400z Belem, Brasil. S9+10db Often heard but rarely this loud. Booming!

9665khz Voz Missionaria, Camboriu, Brasil, 0815z. VG S9+10 in Portuguese with religious programming. Basically only station audible on the whole band, 10kw, first time heard!

and contrary to popular belief, there is stuff to be heard below 75 meters:

2582khz 0843z Bermuda Radio 0843z Good with marine weather broadcast. Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFSOpkn6p5w

What are YOU hearing?
RENTON481

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 07:27:32 PM »

Monday morning I heard what sounded like it could be Myanmar Radio, weak, in a SE Asian or East Asian sounding language, with one clear mention of "Yangon" (Burma's capital).

Announcements by a YL and and OM, and Asian pop music. Weak, S2 or so, with some fast fading and QRM from another unreadable station (possibly Taiwan, per schedule, or maybe a Chinese jammer).

All on 7200 khz around 1445-1510 UTC.

Went off the air right at 1500 UTC and what sounded like one of China's national services pounded in -- possibly a jammer for the Taiwan station on there, either off-schedule or it changed frequency from the available schedules I have access to online. The Chinese station was S4-S5.

Radio was my DX-440, 20 ft indoor wire. Great morning to DX the 41 meter band -- very quiet conditions, i.e. low static.
K9RZZ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 08:50:35 PM »

^^^ Nice catch!

Well past my sunrise here in WI, would be a tough one here.  Smiley
WW7KE

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 09:02:31 PM »

Monday morning I heard what sounded like it could be Myanmar Radio, weak, in a SE Asian or East Asian sounding language, with one clear mention of "Yangon" (Burma's capital).

Announcements by a YL and and OM, and Asian pop music. Weak, S2 or so, with some fast fading and QRM from another unreadable station (possibly Taiwan, per schedule, or maybe a Chinese jammer).

All on 7200 khz around 1445-1510 UTC.

Went off the air right at 1500 UTC and what sounded like one of China's national services pounded in -- possibly a jammer for the Taiwan station on there, either off-schedule or it changed frequency from the available schedules I have access to online. The Chinese station was S4-S5.

Radio was my DX-440, 20 ft indoor wire. Great morning to DX the 41 meter band -- very quiet conditions, i.e. low static.

Nice catch!  Where are you located?

He speaks fluent PSK31, in FT8...  One QSO with him earns you 5BDXCC...  His Wouff Hong has two Wouffs... Hiram Percy Maxim called HIM "The Old Man..."  He is... The Most Interesting Ham In The World!
RENTON481

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 01:50:10 AM »

Thanks. I'm located in Western Washington state.

We have a pipeline here to Asia in the early mornings. 41 m, 31 meters can be hopping on those mornings when conditions are good.

On SWBC China and Japan are all over the place on 41 and 31 meters on good mornings, and sometimes AIR India can be heard (haven't heard it lately, though). 

I often hear Japan and SE Asia (a few guys from Indonesia, mainly) on 40 meters SSB and CW.  And the famous Indonesian chanting ham pirates. :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: