The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 501 (c-3) RADIO CLUB  (Read 20023 times)
SWMAN

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2016, 06:11:35 AM »

YSH,    I mentioned KIDS because everyone here was fighting and complaining about something.

Also SWMAN is a real ham with call sign W5JJG. I have noticed that several people do not use call signs here. You don't know if they are really hams or not.When I sign off here I usually say,
73 W5JJG Jim
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 06:50:26 AM by SWMAN » Logged
SWMAN

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2016, 07:13:41 AM »

YSH. You need to put on your glasses and wake up. I just told you my call dummy. Go pick on someone your own age.
NN4RH

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2016, 06:32:16 AM »

You can be a member or associate member of our 501 (c-3) non-profit radio club, REACT we have 30 plus members in our club now and  you can be a member, REACT has been around since the 1960's. Amateurs, GMRS, CB,MURS, BUSINESS BAND, and more areas you can be a member, for more info and to get in on a club with a 501 (c-3) status contact me at kd4ysh@yahoo.com for more information.
73's
Joe

Like others, I am trying to figure out why a few things.

Your little 30 member club - What is the name of the club? What is the REACT team number? 

Is it incorporated? Which state? 

Is your 30 member club separately organized as a 501c3 nonprofit? Or are you claiming REACT's organizational IRS status applies to your little group? 

Are you an officer or director of the club?  Either of REACT itself or your little local group?

Are you asking people to join REACT, or are you asking people to join your little 30 member club?

If the latter, why in the world would anyone do that who doesn't live there? What's in it for me? 

N0IU

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2016, 06:48:11 AM »

What's in it for me? 

Don't bother wasting your time asking him questions because he will just come back and say:

...if you google 501 (c-3) it will explain to you in detail what this is in place for and how to set up and use the 501 in the proper way if you have any questions there are people in place to help you with any verbage you do not understand.
NN4RH

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2016, 07:00:57 AM »

Don't bother wasting your time asking him questions because he will just come back and say:

I would hope that anyone soliciting membership to a club would be able to articulate what the benefits are. At least mention the name and location of the club!   Maybe a web site detailing some activities and accomplishments.

REACT Intl has a Group IRS exemption. The question is whether this is a legitimate subordinate of REACT.  I would expect any legitimate officer or director of such a group to be able to answer that question.

Otherwise one wonders if it's just a couple of guys with Baofengs trying to get money from people.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 07:08:45 AM by NN4RH » Logged
NN4RH

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2016, 05:33:36 PM »

NN4RH...FIRST REACT IS WORLD WIDE THE LARGEST RADIO CLUB BY FAR BOTH AMATEUR AND NO AMATEUR  MEMBERS. THE REACT TEAMS ARE ALL AROUND THE WORLD AND HAVE NEEN AROUND SINCE THE 1960 AND THE DISCOUNTS YOU RECEIVE FROM BEING A 20.00 MEMBER PAYS YOU BACK ABOUT 3 TO 4 TIMES DURING THE YEAR. THE SOLE PURPOSE IS TO GET THE WORD OUT ABOUT REACT WE ARE A FRIENDLY GROUP AND HAVE FUN AND PEOPLE WITH YOUR PERSONALITY WOULD NOT FIT IN OUR GROUP, WE DO A LOT OF DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS WITH MESH NETS AND SO ON AND THIS IS OUT OF YOUR AREA YOU JUST USE 2 METER MAINLY AND DIGITAL IS NOT FOR THE OLDER CROWD. REACT IS A 501-C3 AND HAS BEEN FOR MANY MANY YEARS AND IS ALSO THE LARGEST OWNER OF RADIO FREQUENCIES ON THE PLANET, SO NN4RH I WOULD SUGGEST YOU DO SOME HOMEWORK BEFORE YOU CAST STONES YOUR IQ AND PERSONALITY PAINT A BLEAK PICTURE OF YOU AND YOU WOULD NOT FIT IN REACT, WE ARE FUN PEOPLE AND EDUCATED PEOPLE AND YOU ARE A STONE THROWER OR A STONER YOU PIC.c

That's all Fine

But you still haven't answered the questions. I am not questioning REACT.  I am asking about your club.

Are you asking people to join your own local club? Or are you asking people to join REACT?

What is the name of the club? Does it have a web site? What is its  REACT group number.? Where is it located?

Other than "having fun" with "mesh nets" what does your club do?

Why should anyone not local to you join your club?  What does one get for the $20 membership fee?  People can find out about REACT for free. People can join REACT groups in their own area. Why should they give you $20? What do you use the $20 for?

You keep trying to argue about REACT International being 501c3.  That isn't the issue.

I understand that you are upset that someone might ask a few questions.  But seriously, take a step back and look at it - you are asking people to send you $20 membership without even saying what the name of your club is or what the membership benefits are, and don't even provide a web link where people can find out!  This is at best extremely clumsy marketing/public relations. At worse ... Well, it just comes across as a way to try to get money
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 05:54:55 PM by NN4RH » Logged
W2RWJ

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2016, 06:44:20 PM »

W2rwj........nothing to scratch your head about if you google 501 (c-3) it will explain to you in detail what this is in place for and how to set up and use the 501 in the proper way if you have any questions there are people in place to help you with any verbage you do not understand.

Lets just say I have a bit of non-profit management knowledge.  No need for me to google it. 

As a side note, it's 501(c)3, not 501 (c-3)

Martin
N0IU

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2016, 11:43:39 PM »

REACT...IS ALSO THE LARGEST OWNER OF RADIO FREQUENCIES ON THE PLANET...
(Emphasis added by me)

I know you're not talking about amateur radio frequencies because no one can own those. Exactly how many frequencies does REACT own and on what radio services?

For a change, why don't you just tell me the answer instead of your usual pat answer telling me to Goggle® it and find it for myself. That's a coward's way of saying that you really don't know the answer.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 04:08:23 AM by N0IU » Logged
N1UKX

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2016, 06:45:34 AM »

Guess I'll have to stop working all those digital modes and sell my computers because I'm old......
N0IU

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2016, 03:57:32 PM »

I will be 59 next month so I guess I will have to return this to the ARRL with a note saying, "Thanks, but no thanks!"

KX4OM

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2016, 12:04:19 PM »

NN4RH...FIRST REACT IS WORLD WIDE THE LARGEST RADIO CLUB BY FAR BOTH AMATEUR AND NO AMATEUR  MEMBERS. THE REACT TEAMS ARE ALL AROUND THE WORLD AND HAVE NEEN AROUND SINCE THE 1960 AND THE DISCOUNTS YOU RECEIVE FROM BEING A 20.00 MEMBER PAYS YOU BACK ABOUT 3 TO 4 TIMES DURING THE YEAR. THE SOLE PURPOSE IS TO GET THE WORD OUT ABOUT REACT WE ARE A FRIENDLY GROUP AND HAVE FUN AND PEOPLE WITH YOUR PERSONALITY WOULD NOT FIT IN OUR GROUP, WE DO A LOT OF DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS WITH MESH NETS AND SO ON AND THIS IS OUT OF YOUR AREA YOU JUST USE 2 METER MAINLY AND DIGITAL IS NOT FOR THE OLDER CROWD. REACT IS A 501-C3 AND HAS BEEN FOR MANY MANY YEARS AND IS ALSO THE LARGEST OWNER OF RADIO FREQUENCIES ON THE PLANET, SO NN4RH I WOULD SUGGEST YOU DO SOME HOMEWORK BEFORE YOU CAST STONES YOUR IQ AND PERSONALITY PAINT A BLEAK PICTURE OF YOU AND YOU WOULD NOT FIT IN REACT, WE ARE FUN PEOPLE AND EDUCATED PEOPLE AND YOU ARE A STONE THROWER OR A STONER YOU PIC.

I hated to quote all of the full caps content. Let's boil it down. First, I found:

http://www.nonprofitfacts.com/TN/React-International-6205-Star-Mountain-React-Radio-Club.html
Note that the "In care of" is Joseph Zych. Look up KD4YSH on QRZ.com, and it returns Joseph K.Zych.

And then this:

http://www.mcminnarc.com/

Pretty impressive. They operate the Star Mountain repeaters and digital network. McMinn Co. RACES, McMinn Co. Skywarn, Field Day photos, club weekly phone nets, 30 attendees at the April meeting. No mention of REACT whatsoever on the web site.

And this:

http://www.mcminnarc.com/kg4fzrdigital/kg4fzrdigitalops.html

Very impressive credentials.

Excerpts:
"The club call KG4FZR is managed by trustee Bob Miller, KG4FZR, who is the retired City of Athens Fire Chief, and also overseen by Chuck Ziegler, KI4ETT, current City of Athens Police Chief. Scott Duckworth, NA4IT, is the sysop and keeps a watchful eye on the system through a remote access via the internet, and by 24/7 monitoring the RF with his own APRS and Packet stations."

I ask the forum readers, which radio club in the Athens-Etowah, Tennessee area would you rather belong to? The one with all of that investment, involvement with the community and public service, an outstanding leadership group, or the one that is a post office box club "organized" by a guy who insults people on eHam?

Ted, KX4OM

« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 12:16:40 PM by KX4OM » Logged
NN4RH

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2016, 07:55:41 PM »

Depends...are they too old for digital modes? And if I give them $20 will I get back 3 or 4 times as much ?  Do they take stoners?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 08:03:04 PM by NN4RH » Logged
KX4OM

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2016, 05:42:52 AM »

Depends...are they too old for digital modes? And if I give them $20 will I get back 3 or 4 times as much ?  Do they take stoners?

KD4YSH himself is a member of the McMinn County Amateur Radio Club. I won't speculate on answers to those 3 questions.

Ted, KX4OM

KX4OM

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2016, 07:47:44 AM »

More information on this REACT club, that KD4YSH was not able (or willing) to provide, after repeated questioning by commenters, and in support of NN4RH on this forum topic, who was asked by KD4YSH to "DO SOME HOMEWORK BEFORE YOU CAST STONES".

The web site is http://starmountainreactradioclub.webs.com
KD4YSH is the site owner.

There are 12 members listed on the "Members" click through. Four have ham calls. There are photos of some members, including KD4YSH.

Five members listed their ages: 52, 38, 60, 56, 65, 56 and 38.
"WE DO A LOT OF DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS WITH MESH NETS AND SO ON AND THIS IS OUT OF YOUR AREA YOU JUST USE 2 METER MAINLY AND DIGITAL IS NOT FOR THE OLDER CROWD" - KD4YSH, in reply to NN4RH

One member, WA4JAY is Chief of Cleveland County REACT in Shelby, NC.

The Calendar for April, 2016: A weekly net on CB channel 3 or EchoLink node 171072, and 145.450 simplex.

The "Forum" section shows 3 entries, all in 2013.

Ted, KX4OM

« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 07:58:38 AM by KX4OM » Logged
KX4OM

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2016, 05:08:39 PM »

I received a reply to an email that I sent to Roy Drury, REACT Region 3 Director regarding the derogatory comments posted by "KD4YSH" in this thread. Drury forwarded the message to REACT President John Cappadano. Joe responded to John Cappadano by email (I received a copy of that communication from Cappadano), and apparently his eHam account was hacked. He said the offending messages have been removed, but eHam would not delete the message heading. He has changed his eHam password. Some portions of the removed posts still appear in this thread as quotes in posts by other eHam members.

It appears that this unfortunate situation has been addressed satisfactorily.

Ted, KX4OM
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 05:18:07 PM by KX4OM » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: