eHam Help (FAQ)
Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 ... 146 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LoTW / QSL Received  (Read 572271 times)
N5INP

Ignore
« Reply #1545 on: March 05, 2018, 05:21:38 PM »

Fernando De Noronha PW0F 2015 10m SSB Via Buro.
N5VYS

Ignore
« Reply #1546 on: March 06, 2018, 07:13:37 AM »

EA2RY 2018-03-04 80M via LoTW, thanks.

Obie N5VYS
VE3VEE

Ignore
« Reply #1547 on: March 06, 2018, 11:05:48 AM »

TT8CY - CHAD - my 2015 QSO was just confirmed via LOTW

Marvin VE3VEE
AB8MA

Ignore
« Reply #1548 on: March 06, 2018, 05:43:50 PM »

Worked TF3JB on 30m at 23:36 for a new country/band for Iceland. QSL via LoTW 90 minutes later.
KD0PO

Ignore
« Reply #1549 on: March 08, 2018, 09:33:10 AM »

OY1R via LoTW

Ray
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #1550 on: March 08, 2018, 09:37:22 AM »

Looks like another very active station has decided to join LoTW.  I received LoTW confirmations for all nine of my QSOs with Franko, 9A7JCY.  Dates were from Sept. of 2011 to March 21st of this year when we worked on FT8.

I wonder if the explosion of use with FT8 is helping to boost use of LoTW?  It seems like about once a week I get a bunch of LoTW QSLs from some very active station new to LoTW.

Chris  NU1O
KM4SII

Ignore
« Reply #1551 on: March 08, 2018, 09:41:17 AM »

AH2R on 40m CW confirmed via LOTW... new one for me  Smiley

WO7R

Ignore
« Reply #1552 on: March 08, 2018, 11:33:53 AM »

I wonder if the explosion of use with FT8 is helping to boost use of LoTW?

Possible.  Since there is a logger of sorts, including .ADI, built-in, it is easy enough to upload at least the FT8 QSOs.

I discovered, at a club meeting where we chatted about it, that many hams (maybe most) do not have a single way of logging things.  They may have LOG4OM for CW, N1MM+ for contesting, and even paper for casual QSOs.  It's all over the map.  How they integrate this to keep track of DXCC is, for these hams anyway, an interesting question.

I also have learned, by monitoring how consumer computing works, that anything that increase so-called friction, tends to reduce participation.  We see it in LOTW's security architecture.  We could be seeing it here as well in the other direction.  I wouldn't be surprised to see, in some cases, someone uploading the FT8 QSOs and nothing else.

But, it could also be just that little bit of added impetus/convenience that pulls someone over the line.

Maybe the ARRL's grid chase, which requires LOTW, is having an effect as well.

The other thing we may be seeing is just that LOTW continues to make the slow, steady advance visible in what public numbers we have and in our own increasing match rates.
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #1553 on: March 08, 2018, 12:05:56 PM »

I discovered, at a club meeting where we chatted about it, that many hams (maybe most) do not have a single way of logging things.  They may have LOG4OM for CW, N1MM+ for contesting, and even paper for casual QSOs.  It's all over the map.  How they integrate this to keep track of DXCC is, for these hams anyway, an interesting question.

Did you ask why they opt to make things so complicated?  After a contest I just export the ADIF file into my main logging program so that all QSOs are in one log.  For a while, after returning to the hobby, I kept both a written log and computer log but once I got into the habit of backing up my log religiously I stopped entering all but my new countries and new bands into the paper log. Eventually, I ceased all paper logging.  Now, I just have one big electronic log.  Seems like the simplest method to me.

Chris  NU1O
WO7R

Ignore
« Reply #1554 on: March 08, 2018, 03:49:03 PM »

Did you ask why they opt to make things so complicated? 

No, this came out of an "icebreaker" style question we often ask at the start of a club meeting.  So, there were as many responses as we had hams present.

The point is not to lecture these folks on the superiority of your scheme or even mine.  It is to notice that people's ham life grows out of long experience and may not be ideal or at least anything like what you would do.

People fall into habits and a lot of these just aren't important enough to them to break, no matter how strange they may sound to you or me.

One cannot simply assume that "everyone" does a single sort of logging.  Going by my ham club, at least, that just isn't reality.  The reasoning is probably as individual as the ham in question.  I'd say more had multiple logging schemes than not.

N5VYS

Ignore
« Reply #1555 on: March 08, 2018, 06:05:20 PM »

PZ5K & I4AVG 80M 03-04-2018 via LoTW, thanks.

Obie N5VYS
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #1556 on: March 09, 2018, 06:59:19 AM »

After a contest I just export the ADIF file into my main logging program so that all QSOs are in one log.

I just export all my logs (from N1MM, WSJT, whatever) into LOTW so that all my QSO's are in one log -  my log on LOTW. This covers my activity since 2007 when I got back into the hobby.

Now the LOTW ADIF (both QSO and electronic QSL information) merged into a database I have at home, and in that I do keep track of paper QSL's. And then that is sent to Clublog. But those are just frills. The real consolidation for me is happening at LOTW.

I do have a bunch of old paper logs from when I was a kid, back in the 70's and 80's and bunch of old paper QSL's (some but not much DX) from those days too, but those are hopeless basket cases.
WO7R

Ignore
« Reply #1557 on: March 09, 2018, 01:57:34 PM »

OY9JD. . .from 1988.  Another "joiner" perhaps?
WO7R

Ignore
« Reply #1558 on: March 09, 2018, 02:18:53 PM »

N3QE reminds me of something semi-related.

There used to be a non-standard query.  You could sign on and then enter this magic URL and it would give you an LOTW report that included the available information on your paper DXCC records that were approved as well as LOTW as an ADIF.  It could be used as a kinda sorta "if all else fails" backup to one's log.  Not everything, perhaps, but at least "the QSOs that count".

A friend of mine is looking to go to electronic logging, but would like to extract the existing DXCC records (all paper submissions over the years) to get a head start on "the QSOs that count".  He doesn't have any LOTW yet, but after he signs up, he wants to do this to get his log populated with the "body of work" he has already been credited for.

I looked around for this magic string and could not find it.  The references I do find seem to discuss a process that screen-scrapes the various awards displays, which is (one presumes) either tedious, not as good, or both.  In any case, I understand how that old query worked.

Was support for this query withdrawn?  If not, where can I find it.  I can't find it on this site and I know it was posted many times over the years.
BA4TB

Ignore
« Reply #1559 on: March 09, 2018, 03:54:51 PM »

OJ9JD confirmed on LoTW,the Q's as early as in 1997
Pages: Prev 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 ... 146 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: