The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 160 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LoTW / QSL Received  (Read 637658 times)
W1VT

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: May 13, 2016, 10:20:34 AM »

4S7BBG on 40 via LoTW and VU2TS on 40 via paper QSL--signs of changing band conditions?

Zack W1VT
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: May 13, 2016, 11:51:58 AM »

* As others have noted - S01WS from 2014. I want to add, S01WS deserves some kind of award for their activation across every band and mode in past couple of years.

And just minutes ago, S01WS from first half of 2015 showed up in LOTW!
ZL1BBW

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: May 13, 2016, 12:04:49 PM »

* As others have noted - S01WS from 2014. I want to add, S01WS deserves some kind of award for their activation across every band and mode in past couple of years.

And just minutes ago, S01WS from first half of 2015 showed up in LOTW!

Same here just got S01WS this mng and 4S7BBG a couple of days ago, both on 40.

ex MN Radio Officer, Portishead Radio GKA, BT Radio Amateur Morse Tester.  Licensed as G3YCP ZL1DAB, now taken over my father (sk) call as ZL1BBW.
VE3VEE

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: May 13, 2016, 02:01:33 PM »

CE0Y/RW3RN - Easter Island activity from February of 2015 has just been uploaded to LOTW.

Marvin VE3VEE
N5PG

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: May 13, 2016, 03:00:09 PM »

VP8SGI card showed up today Grin

One local has his VP8STI too.
VE3VEE

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2016, 03:57:44 AM »

MJ0KUC - April expedition to Jersey - received via LOTW.

Marvin VE3VEE
VE3VEE

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: May 15, 2016, 11:25:40 AM »

HB0/EA5IDQ - April 2016 activity - LOTW received.

Marvin VE3VEE
ZL1BBW

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: May 15, 2016, 12:29:32 PM »

MJ0KUC - April expedition to Jersey - received via LOTW.

Marvin VE3VEE

Ditto for MJ0KUC on 30Mtrs 

Another mailout today of Direct Cards, seems to be my Sunday afternoon job.

ex MN Radio Officer, Portishead Radio GKA, BT Radio Amateur Morse Tester.  Licensed as G3YCP ZL1DAB, now taken over my father (sk) call as ZL1BBW.
EI9KC

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: May 16, 2016, 01:21:20 PM »

Many thanks to Dmitry Zhikharev RA9USU for latest 7O2A Yemen LoTW upload!

Vy 73!
EI9KC Ark
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: May 16, 2016, 02:24:54 PM »

Just minutes ago, 7O2A on 80M and TI9/RA9USU on 30M&17M confirmed on LOTW for three more challenge counters! Woo-hoo!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 02:28:13 PM by N3QE » Logged
N5VYS

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: May 16, 2016, 07:02:43 PM »

TI9/RA9USU on 17M & 30M confirmed on LOTW.

Obie N5VYS
WO7R

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: May 16, 2016, 11:09:54 PM »

Just had my 9G5AG card approved by my card checker.  We'll see if the ARRL's double check agrees with him.

Do let us know Larry.

Marvin VE3VEE

Well, it appears the 9G5AG card went through.  I used the relatively new on-line DXCC process and it seems to have changed for the better.

But, there's a little story to it.  It appears to me I have experienced a real improvement in DXCC card processing.

I applied electronically (in effect, promising to the League what cards I would show to my checker using https://p1k.arrl.org/onlinedxcc/) around May 1st.  I then had the cards physically checked on May 5th.  Astonishingly to me, I got the confirmation mailing (with the endorsement stickers) today(May 16th).  The League said it processed it on May 10th.

The application has not even appeared on the Applications Received site, at least not as of yesterday.  It still doesn't today.  My prior LOTW one did and, in fact, is still there (even though it, too, was already processed).  I know it's the LOTW one because it is dated in April and agrees with the submission data from the LOTW site.

When I did the on-line card submission last year, it seemed to go through the same flow as if I had done it entirely manually.  The submission appeared on the "Applications Received" site and took about a month to grind through.

What seems to have happened this time (and it's a great improvement if this is as it seems -- and I think it is), they now check my electronic submission, make sure they are approved operations and so on, and then (I presume) declare processing done quickly when the letter from my checker actually reaches Newington.

So, it looks good.  My records on LOTW are certainly updated to match what added "slots" I was claiming with the card submission.  And it cross-checks by mode, by band, etc.

Despite my minor misgivings, it really does look like an improved process.  I now, even more, recommend you use https://p1k.arrl.org/onlinedxcc/ for your card submissions if you can.  I don't know if this is an "every time" thing or a "just when there's a little slack" thing.  But, it certainly was speedy.
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: May 16, 2016, 11:41:21 PM »

Well, it appears the 9G5AG card went through.  I used the relatively new on-line DXCC process and it seems to have changed for the better.

Online DXCC has been available since April 2012.

But, there's a little story to it.  It appears to me I have experienced a real improvement in DXCC card processing.

I applied electronically (in effect, promising to the League what cards I would show to my checker using https://p1k.arrl.org/onlinedxcc/) around May 1st.  I then had the cards physically checked on May 5th.  Astonishingly to me, I got the confirmation mailing (with the endorsement stickers) today(May 16th).  The League said it processed it on May 10th.

The application has not even appeared on the Applications Received site, at least not as of yesterday.  It still doesn't today.  My prior LOTW one did and, in fact, is still there (even though it, too, was already processed).  I know it's the LOTW one because it is dated in April and agrees with the submission data from the LOTW site.

When I did the on-line card submission last year, it seemed to go through the same flow as if I had done it entirely manually.  The submission appeared on the "Applications Received" site and took about a month to grind through.

What seems to have happened this time (and it's a great improvement if this is as it seems -- and I think it is), they now check my electronic submission, make sure they are approved operations and so on, and then (I presume) declare processing done quickly when the letter from my checker actually reaches Newington.

So, it looks good.  My records on LOTW are certainly updated to match what added "slots" I was claiming with the card submission.  And it cross-checks by mode, by band, etc.

Despite my minor misgivings, it really does look like an improved process.  I now, even more, recommend you use https://p1k.arrl.org/onlinedxcc/ for your card submissions if you can.  I don't know if this is an "every time" thing or a "just when there's a little slack" thing.  But, it certainly was speedy.

As does LoTW, Online DXCC eliminates the need for ARRL staff to manually enter data into their DXCC system from submitted QSL cards, thereby accelerating the process and making it more accurate. DXCC Credits issued to LoTW and Online DXCC confirmations exactly match the logged QSOs from which they were generated.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 11:45:15 PM by AA6YQ » Logged

#1 DXCC Honor Roll, DXCC Challenge 3000
WO7R

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: May 17, 2016, 01:11:30 AM »

Online DXCC eliminates the need for ARRL staff to manually enter data into their DXCC system from submitted QSL cards, thereby accelerating the process and making it more accurate.

But why the difference in the award flow between 2015 and 2016?

I mean yes, it should have mattered last year, too, but it didn't seem to change the work flow in 2015; my call still appeared on the Applications Received (last year but not yet this year) and last year it still took a month or so to clear whereas here, it was a matter of days and my call still hasn't appeared on the Apps Received site yet.

It appears to me quite plausible that they have taken further advantage of what on-line DXCC offers in terms of simplifying their workflow and workload.

Don't get me wrong; I'm all for it even if it only happens to "some" applications and not others.  None of my other card applications over the last several years got this treatment and I know for sure that in last year's application, I used the on-line version for my cards.
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: May 17, 2016, 03:59:34 AM »

I applied electronically (in effect, promising to the League what cards I would show to my checker using https://p1k.arrl.org/onlinedxcc/) around May 1st.  I then had the cards physically checked on May 5th.  Astonishingly to me, I got the confirmation mailing (with the endorsement stickers) today(May 16th).  The League said it processed it on May 10th.

The application has not even appeared on the Applications Received site, at least not as of yesterday.  It still doesn't today.  My prior LOTW one did and, in fact, is still there (even though it, too, was already processed).  I know it's the LOTW one because it is dated in April and agrees with the submission data from the LOTW site.

If you go to the Online DXCC site, and click on the "Application History" tab, do you see your recent Online DXCC application? I just checked and I see my only paper-card application from 4 years ago. (Just like you... I had a bunch of 9G QSO's confirmed on paper that I needed put in the system too.)

I agree that things are less than perfectly streamlined and synchronized when it comes to mixing the different application methods. Or letting members know the procedure for a mixed LOTW/online-paper application. I suspect the current process is not the final process and they are looking for more complete integration soon.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 04:01:44 AM by N3QE » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 160 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: