The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 146 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LoTW / QSL Received  (Read 571547 times)
VE3VEE

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: May 17, 2016, 05:43:42 AM »

a mixed LOTW/online-paper application

I'm pretty sure there isn't such a thing as a "mixed LOTW/online-paper application". I've recently gone thru the process and currently there are two separate applications:

- Paper QSL application, and

- LOTW application

In my case, I first did the paper QSL application by uploading to the ARRL web site an ADIF file containing a list of my paper QSL cards I was submitting. The website then generated a PDF file which I printed and brought, along with my QSL cards, to my local card checker. He checked them and snail-mailed the signed application to ARRL

In less then two weeks, the QSL cards, or should I say the QSOs, all showed up in my LOTW account.

When my paper QSLs were in my LOTW account, I then applied for all the remaining LOTW credits. I did that very late at night and was very surprised the LOTW application was approved already the following morning.

The process of both, the paper QSL application and also the LOTW application, was for me now much faster that it was last year.

Marvin VE3VEE   
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: May 17, 2016, 06:40:05 AM »

a mixed LOTW/online-paper application
I'm pretty sure there isn't such a thing as a "mixed LOTW/online-paper application". I've recently gone thru the process and currently there are two separate applications:
- Paper QSL application, and
- LOTW application

There used to be. It was called a hybrid application, but that was eliminated in April 2012. Now there are just paper (2 types) and LoTW. I advise applicants to do their LoTW application first, and once it's approved then proceed with either an online or traditional paper application. Obviously the online application is better since it's half the price, and if you're smart and use your logger's ADIF features it makes the paper application completely painless and simple. I use DX Lab Suite, and DX Keeper makes paper applications using the online DXCC a breeze.

Incidentally, putting my DXCC Card Checker hat on for a second, I think I speak on behalf of every checker worldwide when I say this, but when you're assembling your application for checking it's always appreciated when the cards are bundled label side up. No biggie when you only have a dozen cards or so, but if I'm checking a full hundred (or worse, 200+), the processing time is FAR less if I don't have to turn every card over to get to the data!

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
KB8GAE

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: May 17, 2016, 08:00:24 AM »

TI9/RA9USU 30 CW via LOTW.  Thanks Dima!

Rich KB8GAE
K1EBU

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: May 17, 2016, 08:26:25 AM »

7O2A and TI9/RA9USU QSOs yesterday on LotW. ST100S Sudan card in the mailbox this morning from Magdi ST2M. Shaping up to be a good week. 73
WO7R

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: May 17, 2016, 08:34:05 AM »

If you go to the Online DXCC site, and click on the "Application History" tab, do you see your recent Online DXCC application?

Yes, I did that and it does show up there.  Just not in the "main" or "regular" DXCC application page.  That's why I infer an improved workflow, both because that didn't happen and because it is so much faster.
VE3VEE

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: May 18, 2016, 04:06:03 PM »

E6AC - Niue May 5 to 10 operation by JA0JHQ has been uploaded to LOTW.

Marvin VE3VEE
WO7R

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: May 18, 2016, 05:05:40 PM »

And it just gets more interesting, even weird.

A day or two after I got the usual paper accounting and the stickers for my DXCC awards, my card application shows up in the on-line DXCC applications received page.

Be interesting to see what happens from now until it disappears since I already have the mailing.

Keep in mind this doesn't seem to be an actual problem.  I got my credit and everything.  I'm happy.  But, it is a very strange flow.
ZL1BBW

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: May 18, 2016, 11:03:36 PM »

E6AC - Niue May 5 to 10 operation by JA0JHQ has been uploaded to LOTW.

Marvin VE3VEE

Got greedy on that one, 40/30 & 15, would have liked them on 20 but never heard them.

ex MN Radio Officer, Portishead Radio GKA, BT Radio Amateur Morse Tester.  Licensed as G3YCP ZL1DAB, now taken over my father (sk) call as ZL1BBW.
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: May 19, 2016, 08:09:42 AM »

Woo-hoo! XW0ZJZ from March 2013 for another challenge point confirmed! Thank you Larry!
ZL1BBW

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: May 19, 2016, 01:42:12 PM »

ATNO TK9C on 30 via LOTW, another one off the list.   Could not get the ZA this morning on 20 though.

ex MN Radio Officer, Portishead Radio GKA, BT Radio Amateur Morse Tester.  Licensed as G3YCP ZL1DAB, now taken over my father (sk) call as ZL1BBW.
VE3VEE

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: May 19, 2016, 02:11:26 PM »

TX7EU - MARQUESAS ISLANDS - March DXpedition, a paper QSL received today (LOTW received already on April 1).

Marvin VE3VEE
N5VYS

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: May 21, 2016, 06:21:51 AM »

VK0EK, uploaded to Lotw this morning. Thanks VK0 Team.

Obie N5VYS
KB2FCV

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: May 21, 2016, 04:10:42 PM »

HA1AS LoTW received... the QSO was from 1989!!! Smiley
VE3VEE

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: May 21, 2016, 04:47:02 PM »

HA1AS LoTW received... the QSO was from 1989!!! Smiley

It's nice to see old timers starting to use LOTW. A couple of years ago, I helped a friend of mine to switch from paper log books to logging software and to start using LOTW. He rewrote, little by little, most of his old QSOs to his new logging software. Before, he didn't even know how many countries he had confirmed. He only knew he had in his garage shoe boxes filled with thousands of QSL cards. After uploading his old contacts to LOTW, most of his entities were immediately confirmed and he was able to see, on his LOTW web page, exactly which entities he had confirmed on which bands. He now cannot imagine ham radio without logging software and without LOTW. He was able to get his first DXCC award with stickers for I think 310 entities as well as his 5B-DXCC.

Marvin VE3VEE
N5VYS

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: May 21, 2016, 06:02:17 PM »

HA1AS Lot's received... the QSO was from 1989!!! Smiley
It's nice to see old timers starting to use LOTW. A couple of years ago, I helped a friend of mine to switch from paper log books to logging software and to start using LOTW. He rewrote, little by little, most of his old QSOs to his new logging software. Before, he didn't even know how many countries he had confirmed. He only knew he had in his garage shoe boxes filled with thousands of QSL cards. After uploading his old contacts to LOTW, most of his entities were immediately confirmed and he was able to see, on his LOTW web page, exactly which entities he had confirmed on which bands. He now cannot imagine ham radio without logging software and without LOTW. He was able to get his first DXCC award with stickers for I think 310 entities as well as his 5B-DXCC.
Marvin VE3VEE
Great story Marvin. It's a lot of work, but the dividends are worth the effort.

Obie N5VYS
Pages: Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 146 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: