The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FCC Invites Comments on Petition to Eliminate 15 dB Gain  (Read 40500 times)
WV4L

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2016, 04:20:13 PM »

W8JX states "There was a time when I believe most Hams were fairly moral following rules but when the opened flood gates to new no code and CB extra class with easy tests there is less moral motivation by many of them because they did not have to work hard to get there and have more respect for it. "

Really Huh  In many instances we have have found that is not always the case. To quote the comic strip character Pogo- "We have met the enemy and he is us". Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Wink Wink Wink
WV4L
Wayne C.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 05:07:04 PM by WV4L » Logged
K6AER

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2016, 07:23:16 PM »

Interesting quote, "Root of all evil, Profit".

Can any one name a company beside the post office that in in business that does not make a profit?
WB3CQM

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2016, 07:57:04 PM »

Can any one name a company beside the post office that in in business that does not make a profit?

I sure agree with you on that note . If I did not make a profit i would have been out of business long time ago . If it were not for profit I could not spend my hard earned profit on radio gear , tower , antenna and the like. It is all about keeping the economy going around and around is it not ?

When I had those bad years when price of gas went to $4.00 gallon I hardly could survive with the little profit , I can tell  you I did not spend money on toys . And so it go's the people that make a living in Radio make less profit and I think this caused many to go out of business did it not ? I know of one computer company owner that had to close many stores and many people lost their jobs because this friend of mine made no profit to keep those stores open and pay employees .

Show me Chapter and verse where it says "root of all evil , Profit "

1Timothy 6:10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils; of which some aspiring to ,have been mislead from the faith and they themselves are staked-through by many sorrows. ( Holy Bible Modern Literal Version )

One final note on this : The KJV (king James Version )  incorrectly translates 1Tim 6:10   from the Greek when it says money is " root of all evil . " This is NOT true and it is not a correct translation . Look again at Modern Literal Version .
KK5DR

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2016, 08:19:31 PM »

So, tell me the reason for the rule? Iiilegal is still illegal regardless of the drive level required for an output of legal limit.
What reasonable cause is there for such a prohibition on stage gain?
Has it worked so far to limit the intended illegal use.
I think Canada has it right 2250 watts output regardless of mode, PEP, whatever! If you are not licensed for such output on a given frequency, you go to prison, simple as that.
But, the FCC is a paper tiger, useless, ineffective. It takes years for any kind of action on a violation.  It is the definition of government inefficiency.
Pathetic!
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2016, 04:00:20 AM »

There is a difference between profit to be viable and manipulative excessive profit at expense of consumers or clients you are raping for services or product...

--------------------------------------
Ham since 1969....  Old School 20wpm REAL Extra Class..
W9IQ

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2016, 04:23:26 AM »

I am sure that guns, profits, and no code licenses will be very persuasive arguments with the FCC. You could even try to dress up your argument by turning it into a formula:

Max Amp dB Gain Allowed = (10Log (1/Profit Margin) * Code Speed) / (# Guns+1)

That would make these points SO much more credible and sophisticated...

- Glenn W9IQ

- Glenn W9IQ

I never make a mistake. I thought I did once but I was wrong.
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2016, 04:28:48 AM »

I am sure that guns, profits, and no code licenses will be very persuasive arguments with the FCC. You could even try to dress up your argument by turning it into a formula:

- Glenn W9IQ

FCC was lobbied to make it easy to get ham tickets to boost sales in the guise of promoting a hobby that survived for many decades without such promotion.

--------------------------------------
Ham since 1969....  Old School 20wpm REAL Extra Class..
W8MQW

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2016, 08:48:15 AM »

Come on guys, don't be so cynical. This can be changed. It's a rule that is holding up progress.

Go to http://apps.fcc.gov/ecfs/upload/display, and comment on RM-11767.

Remember, ASCII was forbidden to be transmitted once. But we changed that in a few months.
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2016, 10:14:35 AM »

While I agree it was a very interesting comment, to name a few that are not making profits...

Amazon, Twitter, Uber, FedX, TBS, Tesla, SpaceX...  Many US companies don't make profits by design... 

Thanks,
Dave
Amateur Radio: RFI help, Reviews, Setup information, and more...
https://www.nk7z.net
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2016, 10:23:51 AM »

There is a difference between profit to be viable and manipulative excessive profit at expense of consumers or clients you are raping for services or product...
Sounds like an old Radio Piking, or Radio Moscow broadcast...  

Thanks,
Dave
Amateur Radio: RFI help, Reviews, Setup information, and more...
https://www.nk7z.net
W1BR

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2016, 10:30:31 AM »

W8JX states "There was a time when I believe most Hams were fairly moral following rules but when the opened flood gates to new no code and CB extra class with easy tests there is less moral motivation by many of them because they did not have to work hard to get there and have more respect for it. "

Really Huh  In many instances we have have found that is not always the case. To quote an old comic strip character- "We have found the enemy and we are it". Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Wink Wink Wink
WV4L
Wayne C.

which proves what???  You need the government to make you feel safe?  As if laws are going to have any real effect, especially if they are not enforced?  Maybe you need a safe zone to feel comfy??  Real hams back in the 60's didn't need these laws to protect us from ourselves or evil manufacturers.  It is sad to see that hams need to be protected and babied. I think the FCC and ARRL needs to promote feely good SAFE ZONES for sensitive hams.

WV4L

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2016, 11:08:40 AM »

To which comment are you replying to Pete?

I was merely trying to make a point that we should not single out one or more groups for the woes to which we are addressing. My apologies for entering the high jacking of the thread.   Embarrassed
W5WSS

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2016, 12:11:31 PM »

Nobody hijacked the thread the amplifiers that are already being sold for years here are ample to communicate at legal limit and have been. There are two legitimate reasons for having these large amplifiers capable of far above legal limit.

1) Longevity, because the amplifier is operated at 20% of capacity at 1.5KW
2) Having as much power as needed for emergency communications.

Naive to believe that everyone is resisting the temptation to limit their power and limit QRM that is too strong for most receivers to handle.

It is true that with new technology advances Research and Development cost a company money regardless of their profit margin.

Free enterprise yeah!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 04:12:50 PM by W5WSS » Logged
AA4HA

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2016, 12:30:58 PM »

... Many of today's no code CB Extra class do not even know how to tune a amp and depend on plug and play rigs, amps and tuners to get on air.

(deliberate sarcasm here); "yea, we no-code extras are to blame for everything".

Ms. Tisha Hayes, AA4HA... the no-code extra

Ms. Tisha Hayes, AA4HA
Lookout Mountain, Alabama
KM4AH

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2016, 12:56:51 PM »

- Glenn W9IQ

FCC was lobbied to make it easy to get ham tickets to boost sales in the guise of promoting a hobby that survived for many decades without such promotion.

I don't think so. I think they did it to keep the hobby from dying. Which it is anyway, just not quite as fast.
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: