The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BTECH UV-2501+220 - HELP  (Read 6498 times)
KK6YVS

Ignore
« on: July 24, 2016, 11:28:17 AM »

I recently purchased this Mini-mobile and have programmed it with all of my preferred fs. The programming proved successful for several others with the same rig. My problem is, I am not hearing anything. I see the signal strength registering when my repeater flashes the CW.  I see the signal strength when I press my HTs PTT.  I thought it may be another setting, CTCSS or something else.  But I am not clear on what it may be. I also thought it could be the volume control. The knob turns, but very clunky.  When I turn the rig on it beeps very loud.  So I am a bit confused on the volume thing. I am not a techy Ham, so I am quite frustrated, but patient.  Any suggestions out there would be greatly appreciated.
SOFAR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 11:47:49 AM »

Since the signal meter is deflecting, have you tried adjusting the squelch? Or disable the tone-squelch and try to monitor the NOAA weather frequencies.

Baofeng is not known for quality or consistency.
K6CPO

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 05:04:36 PM »

Baofeng is not known for quality or consistency.

No, they are not...

http://wp.ni4ce.org/wp-content/uploads/qst.pdf
WQ3V

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 05:06:19 AM »

I have this rig, too.

I'd recommend double checking all of your menu settings. I know you said you're not very "techy" but this site has good info on the Baofengs and other, ahem,  inexpensive radios http://www.miklor.com/BT25220/

I managed to be frustrated for a few days until I realized I had some menu items wrong.

One thing I've done for trouble shooting is find a time when there's a very active net going and adjust the settings while monitoring.

This probably isn't your issue, just adding for posterity: The volume is easy to turn down and you might not notice it, but if you're getting the loud beep when you turn it on there's where the volume is set until the knob is moved (intentionally or otherwise).

Finally, I have done a warranty return with an HT and they honored it with no issues.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 05:08:27 AM by WQ3V » Logged
AD1LL

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 06:02:15 AM »

HI. Was looking on this site for a review of the 2501+220. Since a couple of you have it, what do you think?

My initial concerns are: difficulty programming & poor repression of sporadic emissions. Thx.
KC3AYG

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 05:53:00 AM »

I have the non-220 version. I only attempt to program it with CHIRP. With CHIRP it's no problem. Without it, programming from the front panel is fairly non intuitive, at least for me.

I have never analyzed the emissions, as I don't have the equipment. I do get reports of excellent signal quality, for what that's worth.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: