The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Operator Totals  (Read 3422 times)
WY9T

Ignore
« on: July 31, 2016, 12:19:34 PM »

Hi, I'm looking for a freeware program that will tally operator totals. Specifically, we have a large data set that is in an adif format (and adif does include an operator field). At the end of each year we merge that year's new data into a combined master file. What we are in need of is a freeware program we can run the data through and get an accurate total for each operator throughout the years. I've spent a couple of hours looking around, and maybe it's right in front of me, but I don't seem to be able to find one that straight out says it computes operator totals. N1MM has a statistics analysis that shows an operator's total, but it doesn't increment an operator's total if the station worked has been worked before on that band (and many of our contacts are repeat calls from over the years). Can anyone point me to a freeware program we can use? Thanks in advance, Bill WY9T.
DJ1YFK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 01:37:52 PM »

Hi Bill,

trivial task for any scripting language like Perl.

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl

while ($line = <>) {
if ($line =~ /<operator:\d(:s)?>([a-z0-9\/]+)/i) {
$qsocount{uc($2)}++;
}
}

foreach (sort keys %qsocount) {
print "$_ => $qsocount{$_}\r\n";
}

This perl script reads a ADIF file with operator-fields and reports the total number of contacts per OP. If you are running any flavor of Linux/Unix or Mac OSX, Perl should already be installed on your system. On Windows, the recommended (free cost, free of adware etc.) Perl distribution is Strawberry Perl (http://www.strawberryperl.com/). Just download and install, then save the code snippet above e.g. as count.pl on your Desktop, open a command line and...

Code:
c:\users\username> cd Desktop
perl count.pl your_adif_file.pl
And the program will count and present the result in the terminal, e. g.
Code:
DJ1YFK => 1234
WB6LQR => 9247

Fabian

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: