The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mobile Connection to C4FM Reflector Rooms  (Read 4937 times)
AC8SW

Ignore
« on: August 09, 2016, 04:45:18 AM »

I'm a C4FM newbie.  Thanks to advice from W3WGS, I managed to make a mobile connection to a C4FM Reflector room using my DV4mini/laptop and FT-2D HT in the car with my iPhone personal hotspot providing the Internet connection. Worked great.  Question: Is this the only way to make a mobile connection to a C4FM Reflector other than using a Wires-X mobile radio to connect through a local Wires-X repeater ?  Thanks.
KD0WZW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 01:52:21 PM »

short answer:  no

The DV4Mini uses it's own network.  There are over 1000 active nodes on WiresX now, which uses a different network than the DV4Mini.  Yes, there are cross links, the MNWis WiresX room is crosslinked on FCS002 Module 23.

You could also use a mobile hot spot with a static IP to setup your own WiresX node.  You'd need an HRI-200, a node radio (recommended FTM-100), a small laptop computer, and a Fusion hand held.  You open up 5 ports through the hot spot and you're on the air.

-Pete
AD0MI
KD0WZW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 01:53:00 PM »

short answer:  no

The DV4Mini uses it's own network.  There are over 1000 active nodes on WiresX now, which uses a different network than the DV4Mini.  Yes, there are cross links, the MNWis WiresX room is crosslinked on FCS002 Module 23.

You could also use a mobile hot spot with a static IP to setup your own WiresX node.  You'd need an HRI-200, a node radio (recommended FTM-100), a small laptop computer, and a Fusion hand held.  You open up 5 ports through the hot spot and you're on the air.  This is known as a simplex node.

-Pete
AD0MI
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: