The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2016 Ford Explorer Kenwood radio install  (Read 2519 times)
N1SGL

Ignore
« on: August 28, 2016, 05:00:29 PM »

Has anyone installed a Kenwood TM710GA in a 2016 Ford Explorer and if so where did you install and where did you get the power from? Thanks for any assistance with this.

Rick
N1SGL
KD4LLA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 08:25:13 PM »

Radio shops across the country have installed police radios in these vehicles for years.  I would stop at a local shop and find out from there where the "route for power" would be.

Also used to be numerous pics on K0BG dot com website.
N5AFD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 07:00:20 AM »

I had a 2013 Taurus and used the official Ford Interceptor method of running the power cable. Unless the 2016 Explorer was changed from the prior year Interceptor SUV's, this may work.
https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/non-html/2012/P-001_2013_Police_Interceptor_Wire_Harness_Pass-Through.pdf
K9YLI

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 08:14:56 AM »

In 2000  expy,  mounted kenwood  to a board and  put vertically in  pocket on passenger side of the   console. Antenna  cable   under seats and out thru  rear hatch to mag mount on roof.
Since modern vehicles have a   power socket, not a  lighter socket, plugged in to it, as its a  20 amp point.    The one on the back of the   console..         I know,  the  purest's say  you cant do that.  As long as you have good solid contact  at the  plug, 20 amps is 20 amps, period. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: