The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EZ8A and Turkmenistan amateur radio status  (Read 5837 times)
K8AC

Ignore
« on: January 31, 2008, 05:56:33 AM »

In response to my QSL to the EZ8A club station for a CW contact in November, 2007, I received this interesting reply from the Turkmenistan Radio Amateur League:

Dear colleges,

Radio Amateur League of Turkmenistan informs: Since the beginning of 2005 Ministry of Communication of Turkmenistan has not issued to the radio sportsmen of Turkmenistan the licenses providing the right of use the amateur radio stations. Our applicatio to Hojakourbanov R., Minister of Communication, for the personal audience on the issue of radio sports had no respond.  It means that the Minister has doubtful interest about the development of radio sports, radio technology and electronics among the youth of the country.

With all regards,
Radio sportsmen of Turkmenistan.  

My card, which was returned to me with the letter, stated that EZ8A is an "active pirate" and that EZ8A has not been active since 1997-98.  So, don't hold your breath for that EZ8A card!

KF5ER

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 06:27:40 AM »

I worked EZ4XX in 2004 and received a confirmation
QSL. I submitted the card on a DXCC application and it was returned for 'No Documentation"   Just a few days ago I emailed the ARRL DXCC Desk asking if the card
was now good for DXCC.

Their reply was that it CANNOT be accepted, but didn't say why.

Never knew a pirate that returned a QSL request!

Maybe Amateur Radio is kaput in Turkmenistan.

K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 07:38:38 AM »

Hmmm...Interesting. Makes me glad that I worked and QSLed this one long ago, when it was a Soviet state.

Vince P
KA3NRX

K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 07:53:03 AM »

From the Daily DX dated 4/23/07:

Following up on the state of ham radio in Turkmenistan, where all ham radio activity was suspended in mid-2006, EZ8CW, Vit, and other
Turkmen hams ask hams around the world to e-mail mincom@online.tm to stress the importance of amateur radio for emergency communications,etc.  Several readers reported the e-mail we previously gave did not
work.  Or you can fax, (99 312) 39-04-20.

Like I said, glad I got this one long ago!

NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 12:13:24 PM »

I too received a QSL from EZ4XX from a German QSL manager. Printing up QSL cards is an odd expense for a pirate. I worked EZ4XX in the 2004 CQWW WPX CW contest.
I did notice there was a pirate EZ4XX claiming a Belgian QSL manager who in this case new nothing about it.
As someone has already said I'm glad I have EZ confirmed long ago when it was part of the Soviet Union. Its amazing how in this day and age some countries try to go to such legnths to attempt to stifle communication. What a waste of time and energy for an effort that will eventually prove useless.

Gud DX'ing
NU4B/QRP
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 04:00:35 AM »

EZ4XX is listed in the score results of the 2004 CQ WW CW WPX results.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: