The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yaesu System Fusion Software  (Read 8862 times)
WA7JAK

Ignore
« on: October 19, 2016, 09:38:04 PM »

What software is available for the Yaesu Fusion platform?
Something comparable to D-RAT?
Something for Android?

Thank you.
W4PER

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 08:19:17 AM »

Check out DV4Mini and AlabamaLink.  For DV4Mini http://wirelesshold.com/index.aspxand for AlabamaLink http://alabamalink.info.

Also google dv4mini, lots of youtube videos.

Bob
W4PER
KK4MHI

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 06:18:59 PM »

I'd stay away from the DV4 products.

Look at the stand-alone OpenSPOT (www.sharkrf.com) and the DVMega (http://www.dvmega.auria.nl/RPI_radio.html) on a Raspberry Pi, or the DVMega on a Bluestack device that allows you connect it to a PC running BlueDV or MMDVMHost, Pi running MMDVMHost, or in bluetooth mode to an Android phone running BlueDV.

I run a DVMega on a Bluestack in serial mode connected directly to my PC with MMDVMHost and YSFGateway running as Windows Services in the background so I can use either my DMR or Yaesu radios on a whim to connect to different rooms or talkgroups.

Bear in mind that the Yaesu Wires-X rooms are all closed to just the Wires-X box from Yaesu or an official System Fusion repeater hooked up to Wires-X. 
The hotspots mentioned above are not allowed to connect to the official Yaesu System Fusion Wires-X server(s) running in Japan.
WD5G

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 07:10:43 PM »

If you do decide to disregard the admonition about staying away from the DV4mini and do end up with one, you'll find that FCS002 Module 90 is permanently linked to America's Link (21080).  This is by far the busiest US Yaesu Fusion room.

Dave
WD5G
WA7JAK

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 08:33:12 PM »

Thanks to everyone for offering the hardware options.

I'm still curious  on what you can do with it.  Are there good YouTube videos?  Screenshots?  Photos?
What's the "room" experience like"?
Can I send email/SMS texts to the Internet?
KC0VOE

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 09:38:41 PM »

Thanks to everyone for offering the hardware options.

I'm still curious  on what you can do with it.  Are there good YouTube videos?  Screenshots?  Photos?
What's the "room" experience like"?
Can I send email/SMS texts to the Internet?

There is no D-Rats and there never will be because you cannot get serial data out of it. You cannot send SMS or email unless you use APRS. You can send SMS and photos between radios only when in group mode.

What you can do with it. You can talk in digital. You can link repeaters and nodes to each other or echolink style conf rooms.... and thats about it. 
W5YAG

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 03:43:30 PM »

If you do decide to disregard the admonition about staying away from the DV4mini and do end up with one, you'll find that FCS002 Module 90 is permanently linked to America's Link (21080).  This is by far the busiest US Yaesu Fusion room.

Dave
WD5G

Is there a site out there that lists any of the other rooms that are linked up this way?
W5YAG

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2017, 06:54:29 PM »

Dave
WD5G

Is there a site out there that lists any of the other rooms that are linked up this way?

I was able to answer my own question. If you use a Shark RF the interface shows all of that information. The DVMini software leaves a bit to be desired.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: