The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: M2 RC2800P-A Rotator - limited rotation path  (Read 4874 times)
K1HC

Ignore
« on: November 30, 2016, 10:55:50 AM »

I have had this rotator in use quite a long time, and it just stopped rotating at the 294 degree point.  It is set for 180 degress the stopping point, so I can rotate it north and east to south, but not west to southwest.   It has been inspected on the tower and it does not seem to be binding.  Anyone experience this as well? Is it a control box issue or the rotator?  Any suggestions appreciated!

Thanks and 73, 

Dick, K1HC
AB4D

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 04:28:49 PM »

It could be either one. Have you checked the voltages from the control box, that are noted in the manual?

Jim AB4D
K1HC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 04:51:17 PM »

Thanks for the suggestion, Jim. No, I am trying to track down the manual.  This one was made in 1998 and the "mode" numbers are different from the other M2 2800 I have so I am thinking I can't use the current manual I have for the newer rotator.  I Googled the mode and even the BAMA website for old manuals does not have the older one.
AB4D

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 03:10:06 PM »

You may wish to contact M2, they may have that data in their files.  You could try to apply direct voltage to the rotor, to see if it will mechanically move past the 294 degree point. I read the Orion control box can be problematic. I have the 2800 rotator, but use the Green Heron control box. GL

73, Jim AB4D.
K1HC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 04:44:16 PM »

Thanks, Jim. Yes, I have been in contact with Robert at M2 and he has provided some helpful information.  Another ham send me older versions of the manual so when I get back to the home QTH I have  a few options to try.  I have heard that converting to the Green Heron controller is something that many hams have done.  Thanks for mentioning that as well.
AB4D

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 05:23:57 PM »

Thanks, Jim. Yes, I have been in contact with Robert at M2 and he has provided some helpful information.  Another ham send me older versions of the manual so when I get back to the home QTH I have  a few options to try.  I have heard that converting to the Green Heron controller is something that many hams have done.  Thanks for mentioning that as well.

FB Dick, GL with the rotator.
K1HC

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 09:46:37 AM »

All set after a reset of the parameters of the rotation, thanks to the manuals sent to me!  Thanks all for weighing in on the topic!

Dick, K1HC
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: