The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WU2M - Anyone know him?  (Read 6544 times)
N9CM

Ignore
« on: January 03, 2017, 02:57:33 PM »

Recently, I was contacted by WU2M to purchase an item from me and he agreed to mail me the funds.  I stated it would be okay to wait until after Xmas to make it easier.  He stated he had mailed it that week but I have seen nothing.  I realize there have been some USPS holidays, but what concerns me is no response to any emails whatsoever. So to be fair, I have to ask.  Does anyone know if he is in the hospital, became a SK, etc.  I hate to think the scammer route but I have had some red flags go off on this entire thing.  No, I haven't sent anything to him.  I am not that niave. I just would like to know if anyone knows anything about him, etc.  I am sure it may be business travel, illness, etc. but just asking.
N9CM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 08:30:12 AM »

An op did provide me with a phone number for this op and all is well.  Appreciate if someone can delete this topic.  I managed to locate the op and talk with him, was concerned me may have fallen ill, etc. as one op did become an SK on me one time before and hard to find out what transpired.  Glad to know he is okay and well, care less about the transaction but the details were not made known for the past week or more so nice to hear he is okay. 
N9CM

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 11:23:34 AM »

Well, certainly now appears I was wrong.  Likely a scammer.  Read on and make your own determination, but I highly recommend avoiding or deleting email response on FOR SALE items from this op.

Dec22
The response is:

Is the XXX Still available? I would like to buy it.

Thanks,
Rocco
WU2M

Dec 22
Ok. I will take it. Im at work right now but i can contact you tonight if you want. I will take it for sure.

Rocco

12/24
 Merry Christmas!
 I just wanted to drop you a quick e-mail and let you know that whenever you are ready to complete the transaction, just let me know. I am in no hurry so whatever works for you. I just wanted to touch base and let you know that.
 Have a great holiday season!

Rocco WU2M

12/25
I will get the Money Order when the post office opens and get it right out to you. If you want payment sooner, I can pay-pal you the money + the fee they charge you so it won't cost you anything.

END OF EMAILs, NO RESPONSES TO NUMEROUS EMAILS SINCE.  One Phone call to his residence 1.4.2017:  Stated was on call with work out of town for 2 weeks, wife would be sending the funds.

1/7/2017:  States on his URL he is on the ARRL RTTY Contest....emailed again, again, no response.

WU2M ARRL-RTTY Status
Current status as of:
2017/01/07 19:01:29 UTC
2017/01/07 02:01:29 PM Local
Updates are set to upload every 3 minute(s).
Your Internet browser will refresh this page automatically every minute.
This weekend is the ARRL RTTY Roundup. I will be live when the contest starts at 18:00 UTC today. Objective: Amateurs worldwide contact and exchange QSO information with other amateurs using digital modes (Baudot RTTY, ASCII, AMTOR, PSK31, PSK63, and Packet—attended operation only) on 80, 40, 20, 15, and 10 meter bands. Any station may work any other station. Stations may be worked once per band, regardless of mode. Here is my live logging.
Current Score Statistics:
Total Contacts = 39
Total Multipliers = 18
Total QSO Points = 39
Total Score = 702
QSOs / Hour Last 20 Minutes = 36
QSOs / Hour Last 60 Minutes = 39

So obviously, no money, no mailing, no responses to email (likely thought I would ship prior to receipt of funds) and no responses to email questions, requests, etc., nothing after locating his phone number and receiving on untruth after the other....so proceed with caution, but I would JUST AVOID....PERIOD>.

N9CM

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 11:42:53 AM »

I had almost fell for it, after getting a number to call this scammer.  Here it is 7 Jan and he is on the radio, not out of town, and no response to any emails even though on the web posting QSOs.  So, moving along but don't be trusting guys.  If you sell something, always, always wait for an authentic payment that is verifiable and real.  NEVER EVER ship on the pretense the other person is trustworthy, whether they are or not.  Not worth losing equipment or funds over....

Sorry this individual lacks character, but won't get my stuff.....
N9CM

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 09:00:02 AM »

Well, safe to say, no payment, no sale. I think after 18 days of this nonsense, the outcome is pretty obvious.....sigh...
WU2M

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2018, 02:39:23 PM »

Interesting how only half of the e-mails were posted. I have over 500 online transactions and most as a buyer and only 2 issues. You forgot to post that I OFFERED TO COMPLETE THE TRANSACTION the evening I got home but you wanted to wait until after the holiday rush for fear it would get damaged in transit. I offered to Pay-Pal you the payment on the spot no less than twice and you stated you wanted a MO. Then you followed that up with another e-mail later that evening and never answered my reply to the question I asked so I let it drop. I would like to think it was just an unfortunate miscommunication as we both have multiple transactions online. Either way, I thought I would put in my two cents worth. You should have posted ALL communications, not just selected ones to make it look as if you were being scammed. You also failed to post what you sent during the RTTY contest for an e-mail........ if I could find it, I would post it for all to see. I just came across this post today or I would have posted a reply when this was first posted. By the way, my e-mail is always updated and my phone number as well. ANYONE can call me ANYTIME about a transaction. As a matter of fact, I always feel better talking to the person I am dealing with, weather I am the buyer or the seller.

Rocco - WU2M
KD8QBW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2018, 07:11:22 PM »

W0XX seems to be attracted to conspiracies.
N9CM

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2018, 11:49:41 AM »

Perhaps you need to experience some of these individuals...
N4UE

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2018, 12:52:47 PM »

Chris, agreed. Some guys on here must have NO life.
Probably bitch if they got hung with a new rope.
See the same types on the 'Reviews Forum'.....

Guy complaining because his 7300 screen 'goes dark and the power light blinks'.

Just the 'Screen Saver", dumb butt.

Same guy complains because audio come out the speaker when he uses the "Monitor" function.

Come on, give me a break!

ron
N4UE

If you're not the lead sled dog, the view never changes......
N9CM

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2018, 01:52:25 PM »

An upgrade may be needed to experience the real amateur world...who knows..
N0TLD

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2018, 11:24:40 PM »

An upgrade may be needed to experience the real amateur world...who knows..

Really? That's it, your comeback? Your response to this thread is a boring old 'putting down your license class' insult about 'real amateur world'? Good lordy.

I wish you would have posted ALL mails too, and I wish even more you would stop seeing boogey men around every corner and thinking ANY delay or hiccup in the process is a SCAMMER trying to SCAM you. You've started a lottttttt of posts in this forum, it seems bloody paranoid.

WU2M is obviously NOT the scammer you accused him of being, and you can't even admit the mistake and man up, apologize, and iron things out, can you? No, you have to ignore the entire thread and come back with a stupid insult.

Remind me to NEVER buy from or sell to you in the future... and if we ever QSO, you'll hear more from me.

N0TLD Mike

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: