The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Echolink Setup with IC9100  (Read 1833 times)
KE8BSM

Ignore
« on: February 14, 2017, 12:19:41 PM »

Greetings everyone. My first post here.

So I have an ICOM IC9100 that I'd love to interface with the Windows Echolink software. I am running Windows 10 & I have Echolink working properly in regular user mode. I also got my callsign validated with the -L designator (will be used on a Simplex frequency). I am using the radio's internal USB port for rig control and audio in/out. I have also installed and configured the CAT7200 PTT software and setup a virtual COM port for PTT control for the apps I have that need it (MultiPSK, VHF Packet Winlink Express via the UZ7HO SoundModem software)

I have Winlink Express and HRD working perfectly with the radio.

I have tried everything to get the Echolink software (in Sysop mode) to talk to the radio and vice versa. I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong. Does anyone have any experience with this particular radio or with radios that have an internal USB port that could help me with the setup?

Thanks so much in advance and 73s!
K1RFD

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 10:48:45 AM »

Apologies for a late reply...

EchoLink is not compatible with CAT radio interfaces and protocols.  For EchoLink, you will need a PC-to-radio interface (such as a RigBlaster), or a homebrew equivalent, that keys the radio's PTT line directly following the DTR or RTS pin on the RS-232 serial port of the computer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: