The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NaP3 pan adapter software ?  (Read 3541 times)
N6YFM

Ignore
« on: March 06, 2017, 10:56:10 AM »

I noticed that a fair number of people are claiming that the NaP3 software makes the most advanced and best quality waterfall display.  But when I google, it looks like the author of the open source software does not host a project page,
and that the main site if TelePost, for the LP-PAN hardware?

QUESTION:  Does the NaP3 software work with a range of hardware, like SDR dongles or SDRplay, or does NaP3
software only work with the LP-PAN hardware box?

Thanks for any pointers.

Neal
G4AON

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 01:19:46 PM »

It works fine with an Elecraft KX3, there's quite a lot of info on the web about using it with the KX3, not sure about using it with other hardware though.

73 Dave
K8AC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 05:03:34 PM »

NaP3 will funtion with any source that can provide I and Q audio to a suitable soundcard.  That's what LP-Pan does, but again, you need a suitable sound card in the PC - see the Telepost site for sound card recommendations.  NaP3 also supports the Funcube Dongle Pro+, which would take the place of the LP-Pan and sound card.  The Funcube has an integrated sound card function, which the other SDR dongles do NOT have (RTL-SDR dongle for example).  I use a Funcube with NaP3 for my Yaesu FT-1000MP Mk V as LP-Pan doesn't support the 70 MHz IF input.  I also use an LP-Pan with NaP3 for my Elecraft K2.   

There is no formal website or group for supporting NaP3 and the author no longer provides support.  But, the LP-Pan Yahoo group can often help with questions.  The other thing to consider is - does NaP3 support your particular transceiver CAT protocol.  There are ways to get CAT support for rigs not supported - for example, DXLab Commander secondary CAT function. 
W1BR

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 05:59:51 AM »

I use the N4PY control program to tie NaP3 and CW Skimmer programs together so they will work on my Ten Tec Omni VI.  Using a LP-pan with and external 192kHz soundcard.

Pete
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: