The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AEA KK-1 Keyboard Keyer, KKCom Interface Cable, and KKCom Software  (Read 5377 times)
KJ6RFF

Ignore
« on: March 27, 2017, 10:01:54 AM »

I am looking for a manual for the AEA KK-1 Keyboard Keyer, a KKCom interface cable, and a copy of the KKCom software. If you have any one or all of these, I would appreciate hearing from you.  AEA produced less than 400 of the KK-1 keyers (if my information is correct). They connect to your rig and to your computer. You can switch your keyboard from the keyer to your computer, and back, with a simple keystroke. They were designed for a 5-pin DIN ("AT") connector for keyboard and computer connections.  Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
K8TP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 08:32:24 PM »

I'm the designer of the KK-1, and happened to find a new one yesterday when cleaning out my garage! I'd be happy to scan the manual for you if you still need it, as well as the addendum explaining new firmware features. (Mine has version 5, which I'm sure was the latest.) Unfortunately, I don't think I have a copy of KKCom, but I'll dig around.

How can I get the file to you?

73, Terry K8TP
W9FI

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 11:49:12 AM »

Rudy, I have the whole package: KK-1 keyer, a minikeyboard, original manual with updates, cables, original packaging, KKCOM software on two different media sources, and KK-1 interface cable, with everything working and in mint condition.  I've switched to different CW keyboard hardware and so this stuff is now just taking up space.  I have no idea what it's worth, but if you're interested make me a reasonable offer and it's yours.  I can send you pictures of all of this if you'd like to see the collection.

73,  Jim  W9FI
K8TP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 04:05:00 PM »

Rudy and Jim,

I've been playing with my KK-1 for a couple weeks, and found a few embarrassing bugs, which I have fixed thanks to installing DOSBOX, which allowed me to use the old assembler I used at Heath.

I also greatly expanded (and fixed) the list of words used in the 'random word' mode of code practice.

Let me know if you'd like a new ROM (version 6). I'd also like to get a copy of KKCOM from Jim on a 3.5" floppy (trade for the ROM?), just to play with. It was written by someone else, and I thought I had a copy, but can't find it.

73, Terry
KJ6RFF

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 10:06:24 AM »

Jim and Terry - Thanks for your responses!  I've sent both of you personal messages (offline).

Rudy
W9FI

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 07:29:47 PM »

Terry, I'm just now coming back to this thread after having been away for weeks.  I no longer have the software diskette, as I've sold the keyer, interface cables, and software to Rudy.  I shipped the package to him today and he should have it in a couple of days.  Maybe he can make a copy of the software diskette and send it to you.  I wouldn't have been able to do that job, since I no longer have a computer that can read floppy diskettes.

73, Jim  W9FI
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: