The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brexit and what it means to the UK radio Amateur.  (Read 4591 times)
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2017, 04:33:55 AM »

One of the previous Ofcom heads announced that he was going to cut the total budget by 25% each year. I don't think he did manage that before he went.......One argument was that a lot of the work on spectrum management, especially in conjunction with CEPT and ITU, benefited industry, and so industry should send the people, rather than Ofcom. However, when it comes to voting, although industry are there, it's the Administration that votes. When they send one man to cover three or four simultaneous ITU meetings, of course it can't be done. That was the situation on the discussion on Power Line Telecommunications in Working Party 1A of the Study Group 1 at the ITU, where the Ofcom man had to be in other meetings, so the 'UK delegation' was industry based. There weren't any votes, so it didn't matter that time...They do seem to have a 'seagull manager' approach to the job of heading Ofcom.
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2017, 10:18:49 AM »

All of this will take care of itself!  I recall in 1956 that the Russians were not allowed to work DL4s  (Americans in Germany)  Now look. 

Whatever problems, if any, will be resolved in time.  A move like Brextit will have it's ripples but they will smooth out!

A Pessimist is Never Disappointed!
AA4HA

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2017, 11:34:42 AM »

I just got hauled out of retirement as an IARU Technical Consultant to provide an amateur radio input on a draft ECC (Electronic Communications Committee) Report on Capsule Endoscopes in 430 - 440 MHz.
And I thought it was only in the states that there were people on 70 cm talking out of their bum.

Ms. Tisha Hayes, AA4HA
Lookout Mountain, Alabama
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2017, 11:44:29 AM »

Tisha

And I thought it was only in the states that there were people on 70 cm talking out of their bum.

Strictly, by the time it gets there, it is out! I got dragged in because I was involved in systems engineering of the IC for the original narrow band 433 MHz devices - back in 2001/2. After that it was transceivers at 400 MHz for active implants such as pacemakers. Testing for propagation from implanted transceivers in animals and cadavers is not for the squeamish.....
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2017, 06:09:24 AM »

Ha, not bad!
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: